Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

modded 12cm hsg results

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
modded 12cm hsg results

I finally put on my modded 12cm hsg today, kinda disappointed to find out I have a WH1C instead of a HX35, oh well more reason to maybe do a HTT modded HX35 before the compounds.

The results are great however less smoke all around quicker spool not dumpin the black cloud on zero boost hammer to the floor take offs, probably 1/3 to 1/2 the smoke I had before. But most importantly I got the boost back under control. I was spikin at about 42 psi now I got'er down to 34 psi. Have much cleaner quicker crisper hold on power too, well worth the mod.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Wow! You really hogged that sucker out!

It's actually good that you have a WH1C. Call HTT and have 'em send you the Stage III kit. $200 later you have a good 60 mm hybrid. It's a DIY, bolt on setup, no machining needed unlike the HX-35 conversions.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Call HTT and have 'em send you the Stage III kit. $200 later you have a good 60 mm hybrid. It's a DIY, bolt on setup, no machining needed unlike the HX-35 conversions.

HMMMM!!!!!! wasn't aware of that!!!!!!!!! Boy I sure am glad I got an WH1C Seeing your mod to your hsg gave the thought of this thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned

I didn't really port match it, just mainly took out the divider and some rough castings along the way and knida rolled the edge on the inlet
Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry, im new to this... does it help to machine out the divider out of the stock turbo housing?

can it be done on the manifuel too?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

12valve..............
When your runnn big fuel it'll actually over-ride your wastegate rederring it useless and overspeeding your turbo. Notice that with a divided hsg you only wastegate the back three cylinders, and when you run big fuel i.e. injectors and plate the front 3 cylinders keep the turbo spooled even though the back 3 are trying to wastegate so your overspeeding plus making hot air instead of cooler usable efficient air. I don't think you want to take out the divider in the manifold no need if you do it might crack. You have to be careful when your porting as it gets thinner it gets hotter at that local point thus leading to cracks.

wannadiesel..................
would this be a good upgrade; (Our Stage IV upgrade (not listed) utilizes a 6-blade compressor wheel and 60mm inducer. It is sold with a machined backplate. $285 for the complete kit.)............HTT

and can either the stage III or the stage IV be installed with the remaining turbo still on the truck?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by northslope
12valve..............
When your runnn big fuel it'll actually over-ride your wastegate rederring it useless and overspeeding your turbo. Notice that with a divided hsg you only wastegate the back three cylinders, and when you run big fuel i.e. injectors and plate the front 3 cylinders keep the turbo spooled even though the back 3 are trying to wastegate so your overspeeding plus making hot air instead of cooler usable efficient air.
northslope....
thanks a lot... i want to avoid overspeeding the hx35 with big fuel...
so, if i port only the divider on the housing, is that enough, so i dont have to buy an external wastegate, for twins... our big charger lies on the table, ready to be installed...

thanks a lot
Silvano
Old 12-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

You can either remove it or drill through the divider using the w'g hole for access. I would actually like to take the divider out as deep as I can, just didn't have the long burrs to do it with. I think if I were to carve the divider out more I might be able to use HTT's stage III upgrade without switching to a 14cm housing. I believe you're still going to need some sort of w/g or some how to control the boost on the big one in a set of compounds.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Banned

All I have to say is the mod to the housing worked awesome. I had no idea that it would lessen my dead stop take off smoke and spool quicker guess it just made it boost more efficiently.