Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

mega cannon or scotty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mega cannon or scotty?

What are this advantages/disadvantages of an AFE Megacannon over the scotty air box system? Anybody used both of these products?<br><br>
Old 12-17-2002, 07:26 PM

Re:mega cannon or scotty?

The AFE Megacannon really has no advantages over the Scotty Air intake. The Scotty can either be run with or without the hole in the cowl so you can choose wheather or not you want the added turbo whistle (who wouldn't?). The Scotty with the hole cut in the cowl sucks in cool air and lowers EGT's more than the AFE Megacannon does. In my opinion the Scotty Air looks better too. I think the only question is wheather or not to cut the hole in the cowl.<br><br>[move][glow=red, 2, 300]CUT THE HOLE!!! CUT THE HOLE!!! CUT THE HOLE!!! [/glow] [/move]
Old 12-17-2002, 08:16 PM

Never had a Mega Cannon <br>I do have a Scotty II and I love it.<br>It works great and I recomend it to anyone.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 12-17-2002, 09:06 PM

Just installed my Scotty II a couple days ago! LOVE IT!
[move][glow=red, 6, 300]NEED TO CUT THE HOLE![/move][/glow]
Old 12-17-2002, 11:16 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8

I've had my Scotty II on since July. There's nothing that will breathe this well! Give Rod a call at Wildcat Diesel for the FACTS. Oh ya, CUT THE HOLE!<br>Andy
Old 12-17-2002, 11:29 PM

If you haul heavy or going to get the bombing bug the only way to go is the Scotty Air 2!!!! As far as the amount of air filter I believe they are the same.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:39 PM

Ok guys - looks like it will be a scotty air as soon as they have one for the 2003 HO.<br><br>Thanks! ;D
Old 12-18-2002, 12:12 AM

A Scotty 3 for the 2003 Ram's is in the works... stay on the look out.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just sent part of the prototypes up to Rod for fitting on his 3rd gen. He saw my models for the pods too. Scotty Air III is coming soon!

I locked up the cabinet where the Gemini project is.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:59 AM

what is the cost for the scotty11 and the filter? I need one but the money is short with christmas.<br>DM01
Old 12-18-2002, 02:04 AM

I have the Mega Canon and am happy with it so far. I like the look's of it under the hood, Big tapered cone filter just make's people wonder what the heck i got under the hood.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:41 AM

Scotty has pointed me to this post so maybe I can shed some light. I have had both systems installed the Megacannon and the scotty 2. I switched from the megacannon to the scotty 2 after seeing it on this website. The local guy here who used to sell me my mods before I met rod and scotty swore up and down I would not like the scotty and it would suck water and blah blah blah. Well I bought it anyways as I always do and I would never go with anything else. Start a pole and ask people if they like their scotty I bet 99.9 % of the people do! Its great it works exactly as its supposed to. They are also very fair on price and have great service over at wildcatdiesel.com. I would have to say there isn't alot if anything that can be improved on with the scotty2. The fit and finish is excellent. The only thing I would probably do again is order a black on Im usually a little clumbsy with the air filter spray and get it on me then my finger prints are all over the white outside ;D but not that I care a little wipe and there gone! I actully chose white because I thought it would actully be a bit cooler black holding heat more, any justice to this scotty? I know they changed the air box's on our yamaha motocross bikes to white to reduce heat?<br><br>Anyways my recommendation is to get the scotty 2 you will love it and will be very happy it really does suck [glow=blue, 2, 300]COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL AIR[/glow]
Old 12-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have seen that a few manufacturers have gone to grey and white components as opposed to black. We just went to white because it was in the shop and looked COOoOOoOooOoOoOOOoooL.

The biggest thing that we struggle with now is the rumors and uninformed comments like that one you got about sucking water. SHEEESH. Or the ones that have never tried it and say it does not work or does not flow as much as brand 'x'.

Quality control was a big issue everytime I let the former shops loose to produce without me looking over the proverbial shoulder...thats no longer an issue and we have it done right now.

[move]CUT THE HOLE[/move]
Old 12-18-2002, 10:12 AM

I have to agree that water stuff is total BS I have drove mine through the worst junk and like scotty said they held a pressure washer there and no probs, the guy trying to sell me the stuff before tried to talk me out of the scotty and Im **** glad Im stubborn and bought mine its the best filter ever for the dodge in my opinion. One of the few products out there that does exactly what it's advertised to do. Suck cooooooooooooool air and do a **** good job at it!
Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 AM

now if they only came with a 4.5&quot; hole saw.... :

Quick Reply: mega cannon or scotty?