Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mechanical Fuel Pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, I did bleed it on the Fuel side of the issolator like you said because when i took the banjo bolt outta the pump to replace it with my hose the truck would not start, so i got a buddy to loosin it and then tighten it when the truck started... and let me tell ya.... he wasn't inpressed when there was fuel sprayin' all over him...lol...I was in the safe zone....in the Cab..lol.. the problem is just on the gauge side.theres a little air there.. However i was at the Diesel performance shop the other day and they said the air doesn't mader on the gauge side of the isolator, he side pressure is pressure... There is alot of argguments over this.. Its had to tell what the right way... But when you buy manual gauges new how are you suppose to fill that line..? like that is the stupidest thing i ever seen! if you ever have to take that gauge off for something you have to bleed that line all over again.........?
What a Hassel!
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...e=1&p=1030827#
Mad!
VJ
Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a lot of guys don't like the idea of diesel in the cab, but my suggestion would be to nuke the issolator, run your hose from the gauge to the needle valve, let the gauge do its job and forget about it. Your buddy will be happier also
Old 06-15-2006, 03:27 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dctoner
I know a lot of guys don't like the idea of diesel in the cab, but my suggestion would be to nuke the issolator, run your hose from the gauge to the needle valve, let the gauge do its job and forget about it. Your buddy will be happier also
I like the idea of diesel in the cab. I have heard of maybe 1 or 2 in the last year that have had issue with a mechanical set up.

Probably about 10 or 12 with problems associated with isolators. Not to mention the additional $65.00 they add to the price of the set up......
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
My 'crappy' mechanical Isspro Fuel Presure gauge has been working perfectly for 90,000 miles.

You might need to try a second gauge to make sure the gauge is bad.
It's not all that uncommon for a lift pump to go toes up at less than 50,000 miles. It seems they either last a couple of years, or die in 6 months.
103000 and still going strong.