Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mechanic Is Puzzled About My Truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanic Is Puzzled About My Truck!!!

Well my truck has been in the shop about 10 days now and I called the mechanic today to see how things were going. He tells me he has no clue what is going on, he said "I dont even know how the truck is still running". He told me that his daignostics machine told him diesel temperature(or something, phone broke up) was reding at -146,000, and turbo boost was set at a constant 13lbs. and the cam sensor was stuck at 0. I should have taken out the EZ before I took it to him and drive it around without it but I forgot. I suggested that he pull off the EZ and see if the factory computer would reset or something. Could all this because by a bad box, even the P0216 code (I wish). Maybe Edge and Bosch have contract to generate revenue and put a code thrower in the boxes to set p0216 codes. Its all a haux, cause we never landed on the moon you know.

Any Ideas, or anything???

When I dropped it off I told him that I had the codes scaned and that it showed the VP44 death code P0216 and I thought thats what it was but hes the machanic I hope he finds something else.

Im at a lose guys.

Im not in a hurry, I have a loaner grocery getter.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie
Old 06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the fuel temp issue has been brought up before.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=105912 ()

Not that I can help, other than by saying "computers are for womens" and slinking off to the first gen forum...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:30 PM

If taking the box off and disconnecting the batt doesn't make the code go away, seems to me like it has a footprint and needs to be wiped and reinstalled. I had to have that done when my VP went out and it is the second time on this truck.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM

Can my mechanic "wipe" the code? He is as lost as I am on this deal I think. Maybe more so because I have spent so much time on here. I dont know what to tell him. He told me that there is a guy here in town that deals with diesel performance that I didnt know about.

Does anyone know about a Performance Diesel shop around Lubbock, TX?

Thanks,
Jamie
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM

Is your mechanic a cummins mechanic or just the local garage guy? The footprint I had could not be gotten rid of by just un hooking the battery.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
The Guru

Either your mechanic doesn't know about cummins diesels or your computer is fried. Your motor is overheating, and running at 10psi of boost. Is this at idle or towing a heavy load? I would find another dealer, tens days and no idea. WOW
Old 06-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Well I dont think he has been working on it for 10 days, but he just got around to it. He is not a cummins mech, or a dealer. I had this guy recommended to me by my boss. When I talked to him today he told me I owed him absolutely nothing so far, really nice guy just at a loss about the problem.

He told me of another place that does some performance stuff.

even though he didnt find the problem it says alot not to make me pay and refer me to someone else, just a good ole guy trying to get my truck rinnin.

Thanks,
Jamie
Old 06-14-2006, 06:26 AM

your mechanic doesnt know what he is doing. a diesel engine wont start if its not demanding 45% and 90% readings. The engine would basicly be told that its not turning over physically. so that is bogus also the constant 13psi sounds like your maps sensors is getting a false reading or is bad, but i would learn more toward false reading because a bad maps sensor normally read zero when bad. Also your reding value is telling me that your timing is somehow like almost 23 degrees out which would also make the engine not start by itself. I think you must have an electrical issue there.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:46 AM

I would send a wrecker to pick that truck up and start working on it yourself.
Doesnt sound like much of a mechanic to me. Or least not a diesel mechanic
Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM

Call Wes Snow Sm Diesel... He Goes To Lubbock

Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 PM

Well the truck still runs, Once the pump heat up it starts to chug and all that crap.

Im supposed to give him a call later, and he is going to recommend someone else to me.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Sounds like an injection pump.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by natlchamp2k4
Does anyone know about a Performance Diesel shop around Lubbock, TX?

Thanks,
Jamie
There is Panhandle Performance on 57th. street. I have no idea if they are any good though.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 PM

When I took the truck to the guy I told him it was the IP but hes the mechanic. I may try Panhandle Performance, Im open to just about anything

If I replace the IP will the footprint in the computer go away??

Jamie

Caleb are you still in town?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you thought about replacing the IP yourself? I have decided if mine ever goes I will most likely try a HRVP. Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: Mechanic Is Puzzled About My Truck!!!