Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

may buy a already modded truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may buy a already modded truck

Im looking into buying a 99 2500. It has a built tranny with mostly everything suncoast, Edge Comp (hot) Box, Stage 4 jammer injectors, 5 inch exhaust, and an air intake. Are jammer injectors any good? What are the best 24v injectors? Can I stack anything with the edge box? Whta would be the next mod in line for this truck? turbo? - Chris
Old 08-17-2005, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the DTR!

Still factory turbo??? Hard to believe...with all the other stuff?
If so...EGT's must be outrageous.....it should go.

You don't list gauges. If none...that should be the first thing!

To play hard...you will need an upgrade on the fuel system also.

I'm not a big fan on Jammer injectors...just my opinion....but you get what you pay for.
F-1 injectors are pretty much accepted as #1 for HP and lower EGT...along with less smoke.
http://www.f1diesel.com/

No...can't stack on top of Edge Drag Comp.....nothing else needed!

Good luck

RJ
Old 08-17-2005, 12:01 PM

Re: Welcome to the DTR!

Originally posted by rjohnson
...You don't list gauges. If none...that should be the first thing!...
yep, if it does NOT have gauges you need to get some. but more importantly, it would make me sceptical of the condition of the motor. they would be flying blind with a HOT setup, i would pass...
Old 08-17-2005, 12:10 PM

I'd leave it were it was sitting and find another truck... no gauges?? granted gauges are only good if the owner pays attention to them but not having them is even worse.... no fuel system mods??? and to top it off, a stock turbo??
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 PM

Interesting thread on this

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=75034

IS it from a reliable source? u know the person? I did for my circumstances... and it turned out great, other than that, i dunno if i could trust someone i dont know about buyin a modded ram,

Best of luck in ur decision tho

Tx
Old 08-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Sorry, it does have the tri pillar auto meter gauges. The turbo was a question to me as well. He said the edge box and injectors have only been on for like 2 months but who knows. Im going to drive it today. I will post on how it goes and what further I find out. - Chris
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM

I don't know.

Just add a different turbo and you will have a hell of a truck.

If its in good shape and has been well maintained, I would go for it.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 PM

Drove it, has the stock turbo. Drove nicely. I may be able to get it for 22k. It has 103k miles, 4x4, and super clean. What do you guys think?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:52 PM

22 is way too much IMO

More like 17k, if that
Old 08-18-2005, 07:07 AM

I'm no expert in the used truck market...but I agree. 22k for a 99 sounds high.

Stock turbo, with all those other goodies worries me....way outside the norm. Does he give a reason for keeping that turbo with a Drag Comp and stage 4 injectors? On the other hand...the only real damage it would do is to the turbo itself....assuming the EGT's were not over cooked.

You say "built tranny...with mostly everything Suncoast". If that's his wording, it's nebulous...I would want to see receipts. Is it a full rebuild? Did Suncoast do the work? If so you have a $3,500-4,000 tranny and the price looks better.

Check for 53 Block?

Lots of questions on this truck, but we have not seen it, you have. Your gut feeling about the seller is probably worth more than our questions.

To get a feel for pricing on used trucks in general read here (if haven't already)...
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat.php?cat=19
and
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/c...1998.5+-+2002+(24-Valve)+&results_format=headlines

Good Luck, RJ
Old 08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Chapter President

Let me give you a hint. with nothing on mine, a 98.5 quad cab, auto 4x4 long bed I paid 12.5k. 22 for a 99? Is it worth the extra 10k? NOPE. Go buy a 99 unmoded truck and bomb the living heck out of it. Or better yet, go buy a new CTD 600. W/ employee pricing and the new motor, you'll be much happier than the question in the back of your head w/ the 99.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Re: may buy a already modded truck

Originally posted by one54ton
Im looking into buying a 99 2500. It has a built tranny with mostly everything suncoast, Edge Comp (hot) Box, Stage 4 jammer injectors, 5 inch exhaust, and an air intake. Are jammer injectors any good? What are the best 24v injectors? Can I stack anything with the edge box? Whta would be the next mod in line for this truck? turbo? - Chris
thats bacisally what ive done to my truck. Except the drag comp. jsut the plain comp. The 4 jammer nozzels work like a champ. they smoke buy themselves but the comp really rolls the coals to the motor. My egts arnt OUTRAGOUS but they do get high pulling. i need a new turbo. Good setup. jsut get twins!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 PM

Thanks guys, I knew the price was high. Its California I guess. I will keep my eyes peeled for a truck (prob outta satw).
Old 08-19-2005, 07:04 AM

Oneton

If your in Calif (you don't list your location), I would get on Auto Trader.com ( or similar) and look outside the state. Better off w/o a Calif truck!

That's how I found mine...took 3 months, and willingness to travel up to 300 miles to look at a few...but found a CTD w/ almost everything on my wish list, and only 13,000 miles.

Also, make sure you run a CARFAX title check...before you buy. Especially from a dealer.

Good luck

RJ
Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 AM

I have my '98.5 for sale at 25k, and it has a few more goodies in it.

It is a little rough around the edges and only a 2wd, but pretty much, the truck is free, and the parts are at a discount, LOL.

Merrick

Quick Reply: may buy a already modded truck