Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Making The Move....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making The Move....

Ok, heres the deal. We currently own a 1990 Ford F-250 Diesel, Dont say it I already know, we're in the process of selling it and as soon as we do we are looking at getting a 1997 Dodge 2500 Cummins. Now I need To know what are some good power mods i could put on it? I have been thinking of putting on stacks...but around here they are not legal unless you have a converter on them. Would it work if I used one single converter, then run the y-pipe out to the stacks? Also what would be a good good air intake setup for it. I am somewhat Diesel Pickup challenged, Kinda odd since I've grown up around tractor trailers, but the performace parts I'm at a loss of knowing what to get... Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2005, 06:23 PM

congrats on the move to CTD I too drove a Ford once but now I am saved I would suggest you spend a little time deciding how much cash you want to spend cause a 97' can be made into a monster for very little money but you risk chewing some hard parts behind the motor. for sure lose the air box and get a real filter, you already have exhaust plans good, but I can't agree with the stacks thing, grab some guages, now you are ready for the good stuff, plates, springs, injectors, bigger injectors, bigger turbo, nitrous, bigger injectors, bigger turbo, blah blah blah. If you have the luck of riley someone may have done a clutch or tranny upgrade for you if not put it in the buget cause' if you start grindin' its gonna start grindin'

good luck and happy bombing
Old 02-24-2005, 08:04 PM

I dont wanna spend Alot of Money On It ...I'm Only 16 eh lol. Hut Yeah What Would Be the best Air Filter System?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:09 PM

If you're on a budget a BHAF is the best way to go.
Mishkaya
Old 02-24-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats..

I used to have a 3 F250 idi, 5 spd, 4x4 with 4.10 gearin.. Heck of a truck, but its just no comparison. I had a K&N in my truck, now i run a stock paper filter, im savin for the AFE megacannon. K&N supposebly lets in too many particles, and i dont see that big a difference in mileage with a napa paper and k&N, K&N aces it by .3 mpg... so anyways, i agree with mishkaya, BHAF is the way to go, or AFE if you can fork out 300 bills for it..

TxDiesel007