Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

MagnaFlow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MagnaFlow Exhaust

I installed a 4" MagnaFlow stainless exhaust system on my truck this past weekend. I bought the MagnaFlow because of all the good things that people had posted about the system.

I don't know if I got a defect or what, but my system didn't fit worth a darn. We ended up cutting off hangers and rewelding them on in different areas just to get it to work. My tailpipe comes out about a half inch behind my rear tire. If I didn't have to cut the stock exhaust off, I would have boxed it back up and sent it back.

I will say that the downpipe went on well, even though its a 3in downpipe with a 4in system. You notice that they don't say anything about that on their website.

I will have to call MagnaFlow and let them know about my experience. I don't forsee them sending me out a new system or anything, but I will let them know that MagnaFlow will not go on my next truck.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 PM

I install a couple of the XL version a week. Magnaflow is one of the best fitting systems out their. Did your kit have a one or two piece tail pipe/ over the axle.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:18 AM

It had two pieces going over the axle. It appeared that the staight pipe was about 8in too short. Yes, I used the longer straight pipe section.
If i used both straight pipes, I was about 10in too long.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:24 AM

I talked to MagnaFlow this morning. The gentleman that I spoke with told me that I should not have bought a MagnaFlow system for my trucks configuration. (quad cab, short bed) They said their system is designed to fit a quad cab long bed. They don't make anything for a QCSB.

I also asked about the smaller down pipe. He said it is done to increase turbo spool up time. I asked why it was not disclosed on the website. He said that the dealer that I bought it from should have told me.

I will take this as a lesson learned, and forewarn all who have a QCSB.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

Spool Up time!!! HA HA

fourwhls00,

Everyone should also be forwarned on that 3 inch smaller size down pipe comment as well. They still use a 3.5 in the Power Stroke too, it will not change spool up time at all, in fact if anything it might actually slow it down some. In years past we sued to sell their product, but they wouldn't change the down pipe sizes so we stopped.

Mark @ DPPI