Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

madd smarty

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Well, having a right foot that works can only get you so far.
IMO it helps having a left foot involved. Its nice having a stick in slippery conditions for a number of reasons- mainly for control of power delivery. FWIW I haven't drove an auto DC, JMO from learning to drive in Alaska.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by JLand
Some people are spoiled. We've taken a great thing that offers what some were always concerned about with the Catcher, adjustability, and said, "I want it this way."
So people want their cake and want to eat it too Looks like Marco is taking our ecm to its limits, what more is there to ask for? We've got adjustablity with the Smarty and don't have to worry about the lastest and greatest because we can download new maps =P So two minutes to download the appropriate map, then two minutes here and there if you wanted to switch to fuel saver before a long trip or go to 1/2 power before smog testing ,..
Old 01-21-2006, 07:42 PM

I got to test a smarty so I thought I'd throw my two bit in

I tried the sw9 full smarty program for twenty miles or so. The motor really likes to rev with the smarty. It did not create boost any sooner in the rpm range from what I could tell, but instead created more boost earier in the rpms. Top end was great too, no defuel at 2700 and the tach flew into the red with ease. Smoke was about the same as what I've had anyways, but I did notice a tendeny to smoke at levels of throttle would have been clean before. I'm fairly confident that I can find a setting that'll work just right for my needs with the Smarty. I could have spent all day testing the thing but I've answered the questions I had about it.

Now what I'm wondering is now that my ecm has been flashed to smarty and back to stock,...does the smarty read and reload my existing stock flash or does it just overwrite twice with the setups in its memory. Cuz if its the latter then I might have high idle enabled
Old 01-21-2006, 09:16 PM

Talking

wow what a great thread this has turned out to be,the whole on the fly thing is a bit crazy,in my opinion the new smarty is as adjustable as one could hope for,if it takes 2 minutes then fine it takes 2 minutes,better than swapping out an ecm if you want to try it in your buddies truck.im just waiting till some guys get ahold of one of their own to give us some feedback.it sounds like a great product, but im the kinda guy who likes to hear from diferent guys using a product in diferent situations.by the way that was an excelent explanation on how the comps timing is diferent from the smartys timing, great thread.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phatboy
Now what I'm wondering is now that my ecm has been flashed to smarty and back to stock,...does the smarty read and reload my existing stock flash or does it just overwrite twice with the setups in its memory. Cuz if its the latter then I might have high idle enabled
Smarty has all of the Dodge ECM programs stored inside. When you program one of the Smarty softwares into your ECM, the existing program is erased, it is NOT stored in Smarty.

When you go back to stock, the OEM program inside smarty is loaded into your ECM. Marco has stated that the cold weather feature is enabled in all of the programs.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
I know it's not what some were asking, but with the TST PM3, there is very nice adjustability on the fly.
I did this with the MAD ECM, and plan to with the Smarty. Daily driving with the TST box set on #9.... but turned OFF. There is still power to the box (boost fooler working) but no added fueling.

All it takes to have full power is flip the TST switch on!

Will this work with the Fuel Saver setting.... probably not. But I found the mileage with the MAD ECM (#9 Smarty setting) to be very acceptable.

RJ
That is almost exactly what I do. I normally drive with my TST off, but set on #5. If I need extra power for passing etc., I just flip the TST on for an instant power boost. Because I am always towing, I found the full Catcher program to be a little too agressive and had it reflashed to a milder program. With the trailer in tow on a standing start, it would often lay rubber starting off. I am anxiously looking forward to getting my Smarty. Sure glad I decided to keep my original ecm. I'll be selling Catcher after my Smarty arrives.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
Will this work with the Fuel Saver setting.... probably not. But I found the mileage with the MAD ECM (#9 Smarty setting) to be very acceptable.
RJ
Adding a fueling box like the TST or FMS works really well with software #1 (fuel economy software). I drove around for a week this way. There's still plenty of performance when needed, plus the economy when just cruising around.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Koa Man
Sure glad I decided to keep my original ecm. I'll be selling Catcher after my Smarty arrives.
I also kept My original ECM but for the next few week I guess the truck will be A real dog since I have allready sold My Mad ECM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OlBlue
Adding a fueling box like the TST or FMS works really well with software #1 (fuel economy software). I drove around for a week this way. There's still plenty of performance when needed, plus the economy when just cruising around.
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback.

RJ
Old 01-24-2006, 10:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

the parts are in house and assembly is underway

Old 01-24-2006, 11:00 AM

Bob

I filled out the pre-order form on the madselectronics site on Jan 15 or 16. Should I have heard from someone yet or should I keep waiting. I'm not complaining, but I was expecting maybe a confirmation email or something.

Brad
Old 01-24-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by bamadzl
Bob

I filled out the pre-order form on the madselectronics site on Jan 15 or 16. Should I have heard from someone yet or should I keep waiting. I'm not complaining, but I was expecting maybe a confirmation email or something.

Brad
I have not heard anything back either but I called Bob and He said I would definetly be on the list.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Will Smarty allow for the 3.3 cylinder/high idle program on the 2000? Thanks!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM

What kind of fuel economy increase have the testers seen on the 3rd gen on the setting for best MPG on the smarty .
Old 01-24-2006, 04:06 PM

John they are not out yet for beta testing on the 3rd gens.

Quick Reply: madd smarty