Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

mad smoke 2001

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up mad smoke 2001

this has probably been gone over a million times but........
just did the smoke mod on my quadzilla and its awsome.

its really simple

If you want instant throttle responce and more smoke then get a voltmeter, a small piece of wire, a couple of wire taps anda couple of spade connectors to go in them. On the MAP sensor there are 3 wires. You have 5v, ground and signal which will be roughly .8v or so at idle. The signal wire you are looking for should be lt blue on the quadzilla map sensor plug.

Now on the quadzilla harness take the connector that goes into the factory MAP sensor and locate the 5v wire. Next make your jumper wire up and hook the 5v to the lt blue signAL wire.

What this does is eliminate the boost from quadzillas mapping. So as soon as you give the truck WOT it will fuel much harder. Now it still won't go to straight MAX fueling because quadzillas also look at rpm and they do not want to overload the cylinders too much.

thanx qzilla for the info
Old 11-20-2006, 06:28 PM

can you not just unhook the map w/the quad like you can with the Edge Comp & EZ ????? I tried unhooking the map w/my Juice & it didn't run worth a hoot!! got to thinking it could have been from the cold engine protection being enabled though, haven't went back & tried it with that disabled or with it already warmed up??? Dusty
Old 11-20-2006, 06:46 PM

how can i get lots of smoke being stock? i live were they all drive mercedes or bmw's with the top down. would love too smoke them out.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhook one of your intercooler boots.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:11 PM

You cannot unhook the sensor on our module. I never really did understand how it worked with others I just sort of went with the flow.

Our fueling is pretty complex on our modules in order to unsure silky smooth power. The power out of our Xzillaraider is very linear and smooth the way it comes from us. There should be no touchy throttle and it should not be overly smokey but, it makes a lot of power. We use RPM, Boost and TPS to determine how we need to fuel.

This mod basically fools our module into thinking it has full boost right off of idle and therefore shows its full fueling potential as soon as you come off of idle.

It is too much for us to just tune it this way for everyone. I mean it fuels really, really hard and really, really early. I would venture to say harder and earlier than anything else out there.

So if you want to do it, it is pretty simple.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Thumbs up

when qzilla says hard he means HARD!!
i thought it came on hard just with the quadzilla. after jumping the wire the low end just hits like its on a switch,as soon as you floor it pins you back and goes to 30 psi instantly. the quadzilla is the best bang for the buck hands down.
btw
just incase anyone needs to know,i just drove the truck about 100 miles tonight and there was no effect on my driveability at all.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by scroshba06
how can i get lots of smoke being stock? i live were they all drive mercedes or bmw's with the top down. would love too smoke them out.
Remove the turbo

Seriously though if you build for power the smoke will be there too, but bombing can get expensive quickly. A smarty would do it =P

Trending Topics

Old 11-20-2006, 10:42 PM

I guarantee you that you could buy our XZT module which is only 50hp and you could do this little jumper mod and you would get enough smoke to make you happy.

That is the only reasonable and inexpensive way I know to get a good amount of smoke. I would certainly say it is the least inexpensive way anyhow.

You could do injectors but, they would cost more and you will still need a way to do boost fooling if you want to take advantage of them.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 PM

Can you do this on an 03' with the 100 hp xzillaraider
Old 11-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Once again technically you can do it. It will definately run harder right off idle.

The 555 and SO trucks are less finicky but, we are still talking about a totally different animal than the VP44 trucks.

Just as I recommended above, I do not see how you can hurt anything but, it could be finicky to drive and it may even set a light at cruise speeds? Hard to say until you try it.

Also for you 03-07 guys remember that you have a 4 wire MAP sensor. On your module it will be the Dark Blue wire not a light blue wire. Also make certain you get the 5v wire and not the ground or the IAT line.

Quad
Old 11-21-2006, 12:08 AM

Will do and see what happens.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:53 AM

Will this mess up my commander boost read out?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:13 AM

Yup! Will read MAX all the time!

Now, I have an idea if it works though. Sort of a pain but, if you took a boost fooler and installed it and then plugged our harness into it you could get the Commander to read properly and the module to fuel like you want.

Basically you would put the Commander at the sensor and then you would jump the 5V after the boost fooler where it goes into the module.

Lets do first things first. Lets see if it works worth a flip on the 3rd gens and then we will cross the other bridges if it is worth it.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 AM

Juice

Can I do this with my juice? Wouldnt it do the same thing? THanx.

Paul
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 AM

That totally depends on how they have the software setup. I am not sure what they use boost for. I mean I know some of the stuff they do but, I am not sure how much weight it carries for their tuning?

Quick Reply: mad smoke 2001