Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mach 2's on a stock truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach 2's on a stock truck?

I just bought a 99 cummins and went to the local diesel performance shop. I told him I was going to be slowly building up my hp over time, because money is tight right now. He suggested the first thing i do is install mach 2's in my otherwise stock truck. I would have thought a fueling box would have been better, but he said to do the sticks first. Is the any reason why i should go with the sticks before a juice w/ attitude? Thanks guys
Old 08-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Fuel psi gauge first along with pyro boost and trans temp (if its an auto)...Then mods
Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM

get the juice with att. thats the best $600 i have spent on my truck plus it saved my $1000 injection pump cause i had 0 psi of fuel preasure when i bought the truck but it drove great stock. That chip will give you 120 hp and 350 ft/lbs i belive thats more than those sticks plus a chip not only adds more fuel but it advances your timing for more power and better fuel millage.

If you got the mach 2's you would also need a boost elbo to get more air to go with the fuel or else you wont gain as much as possible or your EGTs will be way to high. then you will also need a boost gauge so you know your not getting to much boost. Plus you will need a boost fooler so that your ecm doest freek out when it sees more than 22 psi of boost. or you can buy the chip that has all that included and then get the mach 5s later when you upgrade your turbo
Old 08-05-2007, 01:36 PM

I like the way you think Muddin Mavric! I just wanted to say that i love this forum, it is by far the best out there, and this truck is amazing! I hope my f-150 hurrys up and sells so i can get on to bombin! Thanks guys
Old 08-05-2007, 10:24 PM

I'd go with some gauges and a chip or Juice and Attitude over the Mach 2's, just because you get more out of the chip and you can make sure your fuel pressure is good,if not get that taken care of. The M 2's are great injectors, had Mach 2.5's in my old truck along with a Drag comp and was real nice, but for your first mod i think you'll be happier with a chip, then get some injectors latter.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just go ahead and either spot weld the wastegate locked shut or put a turn buckle on it, so it can't open, & you take care of one thing immediately, the air needed to build more power.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:50 PM

All's he needs is a boost elbow on his truck but if he gets the injectors he still is gonna need a boost fooler for the ECM so it dosent defuel when it reads higher than normal boost levels

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Goose, please fill in the signature line so we know more about your truck.

A pipe plug is all that's needed to block off the wastegate-- no need for welding (yikes) or even a turnbuckle, since the turnbuckle is for 01-02 auto trans trucks with the smaller HY35 turbo.

The M2 injectors are great injectors, but you won't get the most out of them because your factory electronics will limit the boost you need to utilize the injectors.

Any popular performance module, whether from Edge, TST, Quadzilla, and so on will remove or hide the additional boost from the computer. This is called "boost fooling" because it "fools" the computer into thinking that the boost levels are within stock parameters (meaning under 20psi).

I'd personally start with an Edge EZ or Edge Comp. Then add injectors later. Injectors and electronics really go hand in hand-- you need the electronics to optimize the injectors, and the injectors really complement the electronics.

JMO
Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Alright, some good advice. Juice w/ attitude is on the way, when i get around to the mach 2's, what kind of hp #s do yall think i'll be makin with the juice on 5x5.

btw- dzlfarmboy, where on the eastern shore are ya?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM

With enough air, you shoud have a little over 425hp...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Nice, and will a Torque Converter and Valve Body hold up to that stress? Sorry for all the questions guys...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM

I dunno, as I'm a stick shift guy.

Big Blue punished the crap out of his truck with just a tc/vb and he was well over 425hp.

jmo
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by GooseHunter88
Alright, some good advice. Juice w/ attitude is on the way, when i get around to the mach 2's, what kind of hp #s do yall think i'll be makin with the juice on 5x5.

btw- dzlfarmboy, where on the eastern shore are ya?
Did 330hp with just a Drag comp on my 99 5spd, and 440hp with the Drag comp and Mach 2.5's on my stock Hx-35, but she got HOT!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 AM

Some autos can take it, some can't. PLan on an upgrade.....soon.

Dave
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by GooseHunter88
Nice, and will a Torque Converter and Valve Body hold up to that stress? Sorry for all the questions guys...
Yeah if you round up maybe $1500 or so a good converter & valvebody should treat you well if your tranny is in OK shape right now.

Quick Reply: Mach 2's on a stock truck?