Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

M.a.d. Ecm

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't know exactly how it works. But obviously it must be changing the fueling and timing curve.

It will not necessarily supercede fueling boxes. Just depends what you want to accomplish with your truck. There are those (at least one that I know of) that have sold their fueling box as a result of having a CaTCHER. In my case, I want it all, so I still have my drag comp and intend to keep it that way. But now, I just go everywhere with the box off knowing full well that if I turn it on kill that there ain't no Ford Lightning or the like gonna get by me if it is safe and I don't want them to. I fully proved that last weekend. Stock Lightnings run in the high 13's. So sorry, wasn't nearly good enough. I did see one turn a very respectable 13.25 tho. It obviously was pumped up. Now that would have been a race.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:00 PM

Ok so after reading this thread a couple of times it seems as if there are two reflashes the CaTCHER and another one. Is that right? Scott
Old 08-12-2004, 08:48 PM

No! There is only 1 reflash. What I said earlier was that there is 12 possible flashes for the 01 truck. All flashes are the same POWER CURVE, if you will. It just depends whether or not you have a 01, 5spd, 6spd, auto or a 01.5, 5spd, 6spd, or auto and whether is is a Federal truck or a CARB truck, hence 12 possible flashes for the "01" model year.

Does that help?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:17 PM

Yes it does!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by TxDieselKid
[B]You know I actually find humor in the fact that the same complaint keeps coming up on this site about vendors. I'm sure that the mods who work hard here don't, and I am not trying to stir the pot, just wanted to say it's funny.
I guess the reason why we don't find it funny is because it's bs. Make sense?
Old 08-12-2004, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by Racer57
We don't know exactly how it works. But obviously it must be changing the fueling and timing curve.
From my understanding (which could be wrong) it works the same as the ECM without the reflash. Instead of the fueling curve only going up so much (x amount of fuel), he redraws it so that it gives more(x + y amount of fuel).

Clear as mud?

Jack, yea.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:00 AM

Psalm69, I re-read you post. You said the CaTCHER ---AND--- another flash, not 2 different CaTCHER flashes. I trust I didn't mislead you. The CaTCHER is the only reflash (other than factory to correct certain issues) that appears to be available as we speak. Perhaps it was I who alluded to the fact that I had previously seen a truck with a modified ECM and was so impressed that I knew that when the CaTCHER became available I would have to have it. Once upon a time (several years ago) there were, and still are, some trucks running around with modified ECM's. IT WAS NOT THE CATCHER SOFTWARE! That mod is no longer available and that's all I care to say about it.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:01 PM

Racer,
Thanks for the clarification. Now how much does it cost Scott
Old 08-14-2004, 08:48 AM

Psalm, not allowed to post prices in the forum. Sent you a PM. Edited, tried to send you a PM, your mailbox if full. Will try to re-send later.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:10 AM

Sorry about that all empty now! Send away! Scott
Old 08-15-2004, 09:35 AM

This is very good info here guys...... I would love to see some dyno numbers from before, after, and with different boxes added. If anyone has any hard numbers could you post them? I am not trying to take away from anyone's "set-o-the-pants meter" but rather just looking for some quantifiable data.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 08-15-2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Jetpilot
This is very good info here guys...... I would love to see some dyno numbers from before, after, and with different boxes added. If anyone has any hard numbers could you post them? I am not trying to take away from anyone's "set-o-the-pants meter" but rather just looking for some quantifiable data.

Thanks,

Doug
Hi Doug,

I have a stong feeling the dyno numbers are going to be close to the same. I will post the dyno results when mine comes in. The reason I am getting one is for some mean bottom end torq / quicker spool up and that may not be showing up on the dyno with hp numbers. But may show a torq diff when locked up at while passing through the lower rpms.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:17 AM

what kind of price are we talkin on one of these bad boys? if anyone would like to share? or where to get one? or ask more questions great info guys!!! u guys are a really bad influence on me
Old 08-15-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by powerwagon440
what kind of price are we talkin on one of these bad boys? if anyone would like to share? or where to get one? or ask more questions great info guys!!! u guys are a really bad influence on me
$499

and talk to Doug at ADT http://www.smokindiesel.com
Old 08-15-2004, 10:28 AM

Opie,

Let me know what you come up with..... I would assume you are correct, its gonna be something like an EZ as far as max numbers. I suspect you will see more HP and TQ down low in the RPM band with peak HP being about the same. This in itself though would make it a worthy investment!

Doug

Quick Reply: M.a.d. Ecm