Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

M.a.d. Ecm

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M.a.d. Ecm

Ok, who on this forum has got the M.A.D. CaTCHER modification done to their ECM?? From what I have read it is the only way to get a 24V to respond like a normal vehicle in the lower gears as opposed to the pathetic slugs they are now.
This guy in Italy reprograms the ECM and eliminates all of the EPA CARB settings which limit the rate of increase of fuel, particularily in no and low boost conditions....

PS: Quit staying in denial about your VP44 equipped truck's acceleration from a standstill, lets face it... it sux.... No one will argue that our trucks are animals from fourth gear on up once boost is up, but a stock Honda Civic will murder you from a standstill, thats pathetic....

Zino
Old 08-06-2004, 07:13 PM

I don't have one, yet..... It's been on the bomb list for over a year, but with all the recent, favorable posts and now available, I think it just got bumped ahead of the twins, so it's next!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:32 PM

Well ol'blue, looks like its just the two of us..... Guess you cant get any interest from this forum unless you are talking about a product from the blessed three or four vendors that control this site.....

Like I said.... Its a conspiracy....

Zino
Old 08-09-2004, 08:38 PM

Its pretty freakin said when the subwofers post has four times the views and 17 times more posts than one which is talking about the complete reprgraming of the computer which runs our cummins turbo diesel engine.....

Sign of the times I suppose..... next it will be a neon light post, or maybe a 26" bling wheel post.... Whatever.... kids

Zino
Old 08-09-2004, 09:19 PM

Marco is on Vacation for a good part of August. The first "batch" had some software glitches 2001 trucks have 12 different "base" softwares that can be used. Plus Marco had never encountered a California ECM before..... just a learning curve.

In the meantime heres some reading if you haven't seen it :
ECM's
Old 08-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Zino
Well ol'blue, looks like its just the two of us..... Guess you cant get any interest from this forum unless you are talking about a product from the blessed three or four vendors that control this site.....

Like I said.... Its a conspiracy....

Zino
I for one want to apologize for the lack of response to your question. Obviously the rest of us just didn't realize how thoroughly self important your thoughts are.

I find your conspiracy theory that somehow the responses here are controlled by a handful of Vendors ludicrous, members respond as they see fit, and only their conduct in regards to the rules is under any control and that is after the fact.

If you can't find a way to act like a civil adult here, then do yourself and the rest of us a favor and find another place to play, comments like yours are unproductive, unwarranted and unwanted.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:26 PM

Soon as Marco returns and I get my software "corrected" I'll be happy to post my thoughts on here............ good or bad.

Part of the issue with the first batch was all of them were "spare" ECM's, not the orginals off the trucks.................otherwise some of the software mistakes would have never happened.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:59 PM

I got one.

I think mines a HOT version though.. Rolls smoke like no EPA, and makes a good amount of HP for my ability to only produce 10PSI boost. (Unrelated problem).

As soon as I get some more parts on the truck, I can tell you what it runs like.. I can even compare Stock to Modified on the Dyno (I have my O.E. ECM)

Merrick
Old 08-09-2004, 10:08 PM

I sure wish I knew what the heck you guys are talking about
Old 08-09-2004, 10:29 PM

Kat, cool let me know when you get it back. Yes those lucky Europeans take whole months off at a time..

Merick, sounds cool to me.... Rolls lots of smoke tells me that it fuels quite aggressively right of the bat.

Rattle Rattle, this MAD ECM thing is a guy in Italy (Marco) who re-flashes your trucks ECM to a totally different program. So rather than running all these boxes to 'fool' the ECM into higher amounts of fueling, the ECM itself is just re-programmed. The best part, is that no matter what 'box' you put on, your stock ECM greatly limits off boost fueling, making your 24V a slug compared to mechanical pumped rigs... This program eliminates that and from what I hear makes the truck an animal to drive..... GOBS and GOBS of low end torque immediately under your right foot.....

Larry, I believe my comments are quite civil. It is my opinion, that the majority of the posts get steered by a few vendors and their friends...... Like whenever you see a post about a clutch..... Its always call this company, they will set you up..... Or a post about injectors... its always, don’t do that, call up this guy, he will do you right.... Air intake systems.... same thing.... And forget about turbos..... talk about stealing posts....

I have left names out here, but you know who I am talking about. If you would like to moderate, I would recommend moderating the salesmen on here.
With that said, and now I know you are mad at me, I would not like for you to cancel my account, as I do like posting here, and would like to try to contribute to a good, technical, non-snake-oil salesman forum, which I think is what this place should be, but if you feel I am un-civilized and do not positively contribute to the forum, then do what you must.

Sincerely
Kevin P. Panzino PE ( Zino)
Old 08-09-2004, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the first time i am hearing about this. How about someone explaining exactly what this is, and how to get it done.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:31 PM

It is a reflashed ECM for the pickup. Makes drivability alot more fun. I am waiting for mine. I had to scrounge up a spare ecm to send in. I want to keep my original as a spare for winter months - nothing like driving with a touchy throttle on ice.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by rattle_rattle
I sure wish I knew what the heck you guys are talking about

Me too
Old 08-09-2004, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does this differ from say a Edge Comp,or Banks Ottomind,and what are the benefits?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Zino

Larry, I believe my comments are quite civil. It is my opinion, that the majority of the posts get steered by a few vendors and their friends...... Like whenever you see a post about a clutch..... Its always call this company, they will set you up.....
Has it not occurred to you that people will post about products and Vendors whom they have had good experiences with? Your jump to the conclusion that it is all sales hype is ridiculous. By your logic, then the only reason you are posting here is to sell the MAD ECM.

Can you really not see how absurd your thinking is here?

If you would like to moderate, I would recommend moderating the salesmen on here.
I have a set of rules here that the moderators follow, they are developed to keep the place clean and enjoyable for the MAJORITY of the members who use this site.

Because of these rules, members are allowed to post their opinions freely on each and every post, as long as they do so within the simple rules set forth. That means they will happily reply to the posts that are of interest to them, and not only in a manner as deemed acceptable by you.

Some will post in a manner that seems off the topic, some will provide only pure information, and still others may interject a little humor along the way. The point here being that like it or not, they are in control of what they post, as long as they do not break the forum rules.

With that said, and now I know you are mad at me, I would not like for you to cancel my account, as I do like posting here, and would like to try to contribute to a good, technical, non-snake-oil salesman forum, which I think is what this place should be.
Again I wish to point out that if you don't agree with the format here, then you have the right to go else where. Your sarcastic comments implying that the members here only post for financial gain to the vendors is NOT appreciated.

We happen to believe that the people who visit this forum, do so of their own free will, and with honest intentions. Your comments are taken as insulting toward EVERY other person who posts here. That is what I choose to moderate here.

Play nice, or you won't play here at all. it is really that simple.

Quick Reply: M.a.d. Ecm