Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

which lp,holley, mallory, fass

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 PM
vrj

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by AAmeeting
You could say the same thing about the IP's but I bet you couldnt change one in 30 min.
AA,

You are right! But, we are not talking about the injector pump are we! In fact, you can say that about a lot of things on the Dodge Ram.

We are talking about the lifter pump problems and resolution. Solving or preventing the injector pump problem is handled totally different

You can go ahead a purchase the FASS but the fact remains, it will go out on you at some point in time and I do not want to be on the side of the road waiting on FEDEX to find me. If it had a life-time guarantee, I would spend the $600 for the whole package. No problem! The price, to me, isn't the issue. The problem I have is the price with only a two-year warranty and not being able to get the pump from a local auto parts or high-performance auto or boat shop.

Also, my injector pump was replaced by the prior owner during warranty work (Dodge Dealer) before I purchased it. I'm behind a desk during the week and drag race on the weekends. Turning a wrench for 30 min. is no problem for me.

AA - Your signature does'nt list what type of truck you own. Do you even own a Dodge? Fill in your signature so we can see what you are rolling in.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think about it! Just use your stock lift pump if the FASS ever quits. Just put a couple hose fittings on the stocker. Pull the hoses off the fass put on old pump and plug in. Just let the old pump hang there or tie up. Quicker than a pump swap! FASS has a 4 yr warranty.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:49 AM
vrj

Talking

Originally Posted by RickCJ
Think about it! Just use your stock lift pump if the FASS ever quits. Just put a couple hose fittings on the stocker. Pull the hoses off the fass put on old pump and plug in. Just let the old pump hang there or tie up. Quicker than a pump swap! FASS has a 4 yr warranty.
Hey Rick, great suggestion! It is much faster than doing a swap. I assume that the orig. pump based on your suggestion was relocated? Also, I thought I read that the FASS pump had a 2 year warranty. I must have misread it. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 PM
vrj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods
i use the holley Volumax 160 GPH its a big pump and holds 22psi 1/2 lines from tank to VP44 and 2 return lines (factory and from the pump) its been great and its made for all fuels
Does the factory pump have a return line back to the tank? This pump also has 2 inlets. Did you run a "T" or are there 2 lines from the tank. I just got the truck a few months ago. Does any one have any suggestions on a good official repair manual? Thanks!