Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

which lp,holley, mallory, fass

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the Vulcan relocation kit, which changes the banjo fittings and ups the size of the hose to 1/2", I am running a Holley blue with no regulator, I run 12psi all the time, idle or WOT, it doesn't drop, I have had a blue pump on my hotrod since 95, and its still goin strong, just my 2 cents.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:19 PM

I think for the money that Vulcan kit is pretty nice. I have the FASS installed directly to the VP44 now but at first I ran it through the factory filter and saw a whopping 13 psi at the pump. With the Fass you dont have to do this but I was trying to retain the factory dummy lights. When I ran it straight to the pump I have never seen below 15 psi all of the time. I think a lot of the problems of the factory fuel system are the banjos. It made a big difference. The filter media was new when I hooked it up with the fass. If you dont mind the money get the fass. The rasp looks a little hairy with the hoses regulators and the check valves. My opinion only. I have no expierience at all with it but I have seen pictures. Rememmber Da Vinci
Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 PM

I just ordered a Vulcan Big Line kit, along with a Carter 4601HP pusher pump. Eric was great to work with, and we discussed what I would be doing. $220 for everything, and I ought to have tremendous fuel pressure. I feel this is one reason I am not blowing very much smoke, running out of fuel. We will see if this helps out at all. Should have everything done this weekend, and will report the results.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 PM

I use a 4601HP mounted mid way between the tank and engine. I have a 10 (now 2) micron filter right next to the tank. I am at able 12 PSI no less than 7 PSI at WOT with Edge EZ/RV275's.

I am probably going to re-mount the pump right by the tank before the filter. Because a $75 transfer pump does not matter more than a $1000 VP44 pump or a $5000 engine. When I start working "for hire" I will probably just throw an extra transfer pump under my seat. I can replace it in about 5 minutes.

I use a $138 Racor 6120, replacements filters are $30. Goldenrod sells roughly the same thing for $25 and $5 for the replacements.

I used J30R9 fuel line ($4/foot) but J30R7 probably would work just as well (25 cents per foot).

About $50 worth of anodized fittings.

http://xj.cdevco.net/auto/fuelsystem/ here's some details -- kinda never got around to finishing this. Note that stuff is NOT for sale from me (The buttons don't work on purpose). Summit has the lines/fittings. MAESCO or usdieselparts.com has the filters.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's this Vulcan kit, and do they have a website ??

if I am gonna replace the fuel system from the tank to the p7100, I want to do it right.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 AM

TRCM, http://www.vulcanperformance.com/

Personally, I think a stock LP, relocated to the tank, using the Vulcan kit, is all that's necessary. I think by the time I've chewed up 3 or 4 stock LP's, I'll be ready for a new truck ... hopefully! Certainly not worth the funds for a FASS or a RASP ... but again, that's only my opinion!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:27 AM

Maybe a FASS would solve your problems???
Old 10-18-2005, 01:04 PM

You realy dont need the 1/2" fuel line the FASS pushes all the fuel you can use with the VP44.

1998 24v FMS box,HMR 7/14 injectors,Edge EZ,FASSsystem,Georend Trans & torq,
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Banned

I would go with the FASS, especially if you want to do any future upgrades. That's why I put it on my truck, no more worries.(not that I worried before)
Old 10-23-2005, 11:05 AM

I have subscribed to the "two is better then one"on my truck but latley I am thinking the FASS is for me two pumps work good but I can pull two fuel pumps down a little low for my liking.

Oh well I guess there may be a few parts on ebay.....again However if you run a lower hp truck and are looking to get into two pumps the BD lift pumpkit is top notch it uses a oilpressure switch to turn on the second pump to elimnate hard starts.

J
Old 10-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about the noise, I have to strain to hear my FASS running. Tis a bit pricy but I spent as much on four LP's as I did the Fass until I finally wised up.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:53 PM

I cant even hear mine. Even if the truck is off it is still quiter than the stocker.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rods
i use the holley Volumax 160 GPH its a big pump and holds 22psi 1/2 lines from tank to VP44 and 2 return lines (factory and from the pump) its been great and its made for all fuels
I've been looking at this pump too. Summit sells the 15 psi/160 gph version for $258. I'm going to put the volumax pump back by the tank with a bottom feed.

The only questions I have are: What could I use as a prefilter, how often should it be changed and are gasoline filters compatible with diesel?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM
vrj

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yarddog
I've been looking at this pump too. Summit sells the 15 psi/160 gph version for $258. I'm going to put the volumax pump back by the tank with a bottom feed.

The only questions I have are: What could I use as a prefilter, how often should it be changed and are gasoline filters compatible with diesel?

After much reading and research, I also have decided to go with the Holley VoluMAX fuel pump. One of the biggest concerns I have is when the fuel pump goes out, I want to be able to visit the nearest auto parts store and pick up a new one (that is if I do not have a spare).

If I bought the awesome FASS pump, and it went out, even if it is under warranty, I would be upset. How am I going to get a new pump while rolling across the country? I would be stranded. With a Holley or Carter ect..., just 30 min. max and I'm rolling again.

Regarding the fuel filter, Racor sells some awesome fuel filters which I plan on purchasing and using with the Vulcan Big Line kit.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 AM

You could say the same thing about the IP's but I bet you couldnt change one in 30 min.

Quick Reply: which lp,holley, mallory, fass