Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Loud

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The noise is why I would never want a newer diesel. I WANT people to know I'm coming and get out of my way.... I love just idling past people with that big-rig clatter. I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it. I'm going to go out and start my truck now and let it idle a bit just to cheer myself up.

It's pretty funny because I have to leave for work sometimes at about 4am so I try to start my truck quickly and leave the premises before all the neighbors' lights start coming on.... People on cell phones with their windows down crack me up, too. You just have to position yourself so the maximum amount of noise enters their car so they either hang up or roll the window up....
Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMFG!!!!! LMAO!! The people on cell phones are soooo funny to **** off!!

That and when I used to leave for school at 6am in my truck (the 12valve)
I would high idle it in the apartment parking lot at like 1500rpm for like 15 mins in the winter (10 degrees and below) with its straight 4" exhaust.

Man that thing woke EVERY one up, i got alot of complaints but I never gave a ****, not my fault they all had there quiet little economy cars.

Oh and yes my tercel that I have now could be consitered an economy car but it is in no way what you would call quiet by any standard.

No cat, 2" exhaust to a glass pack that doesnt do much muffling.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by sheriffav8r
The noise is why I would never want a newer diesel. I WANT people to know I'm coming and get out of my way....
My thoughts exactly, That is why I love my 01.5.

To make it even more fun, I installed a back up beeper on mine so that when I am backing up, I have the rattle and the back up beeper. Soon, my truck will also have a 5" single stack, for even more fun.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Storm
My thoughts exactly, That is why I love my 01.5.

To make it even more fun, I installed a back up beeper on mine so that when I am backing up, I have the rattle and the back up beeper. Soon, my truck will also have a 5" single stack, for even more fun.
When I was a kid, I always wanted back up beepers. After driving forklifts that HAD to have them at work, I'll be happy to never hear on again.