Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

lot's o questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lot's o questions :)

just doing a little dreaming/budgeting for upgrades this spring (I'm on night shift)

I was thinking on a south bend MU 0090 Con OFE clutch first off ......

then I was planning on a TST PM3 with remote ......

now I was thinking about rounding that off with a set of rv275's ...... that should net me a 350hp right ???

but now I was wondering instead of 275's could I just keep my stock injectors and go with an Edge easy stacked with the PM3......

what kind of power would this net me .......

idea behind this being I can turn off the PM3 and just use the easy when I don't need all that power

and for winter I can disconnect the easy and go back to stock

I find it real easy to kick the back end out on icy roads stock...it's almost scary I can't imagine it with all that power

and lastly if I decided to go real nuts and run a PM3, an Easy and a set of 275's what kind of power would that net me, and would the OFE clutch hold that ........

also how in the heck do you guys do those cool burnouts, are those all auto's , cause I can't see doing it with a stick you run out of rev's soo quick in 1st and 2nd.........

not that I would do a burnout or anything ;D

oh yeah and would my 3" exhuast be enough to keep egt's down or do I need to switch to a 4" ...........

that's all for a while I promise
Old 12-23-2002, 09:21 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Re:lot's o questions :)

Lets see if I can attack all your questions in one swoop here:<br><br>The Con OFE is going to hold at least 400 ponies, more than enough for the power levels you're talking about. Many are using them for more, but of course, the closer you run to max holding capacity, the less wear you'll get out of it.<br><br>The PM3 with RV275s will be closing in on the 350 mark. With the EZ and PM3, you're probably looking at the 340 mark (the EZ tends to add to bottom end response, without affecting top end a whole bunch).<br><br>The PM3, EZ, and 275s will net you around 360 - 370.<br><br>But, I don't recommend stacking the EZ with a PM3 early on. You're not attaining a balanced powerband in this fashion. The 24 valve suffers from a weak bottom end response, in the off-idle to 1800 RPM range. Adding a fueling box will give you better bottom end power from the 1400-1500 RPM mark and up, however you're still going to have weak off-idle response.<br><br>So to balance things out better, choose the power level you think you'll be happiest with. If 350 is the answer, stay with the RV275s and PM3. If 370/380 is the answer, choose DD2s and the PM3. Either way, you'll end up with a smooth powerband that doesn't have any holes in it.<br><br>On the EGT side, the Scotty you've got should easily be good to the 380 mark, but each truck responds differently. Keep an eye on EGTs, and if they become a problem, turn the PM3 down and order up the 4&quot;.<br><br>5 speed burnouts are a piece of cake. Start a brake torque, get the tires heated up good, and start letting off the brake gradually. Voila. ;D<br><br>Rod
Old 12-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm running the TST 3 comp/EZ and stage 3's with the b-1 Kwik and I am running on level 9 in the snow. ;D<br>Its sure fun doing a sideways run down a street in 4x4.<br>Of course this is on an empty street in the industrial area. <br><br>I have the 4&quot; exhaust and the Scotty II [of course] and at WOT on the flats I cannot press this thing past 1300F.<br>On hills I can hit 1350 but it comes back down to 1200 fast.<br>Rod and I are wondering what kind of boost anyone is getting with a similar combo to mine. Anyone running like this?<br><br>Scotty<br><br>Your egt will be fine with the Scotty II.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:22 PM

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=7;threadid=8696;start=0#83928 date=1040656864]<br><br>5 speed burnouts are a piece of cake. Start a brake torque, get the tires heated up good, and start letting off the brake gradually. Voila. ;D<br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>**** sounds like something that will need a lot of practice to perfect , and of course it will have to be video taped for further evaluation .........<br><br>anybody know where to get some cheap tires ;D<br><br>so I guess the PM3 and a set of 275's will probably fit the bill .......if 350hp can't make me happy I don't know what will <br><br>and besides I just need that little bit of oomph to beat my buddies stock 6pd powerstroke
Old 12-23-2002, 06:52 PM

I've been running a PM2 with 275's for over 4 years and the 275's do help on the low end but the EZ I put on last year help even more. Now that I've got the Southbend 13&quot; Con Fe in and I can get the power to the ground : it really hauls out of the hole. <br><br>As far as the winter driving goes just turn the PM off and the truck is very drivable. <br><br>I've never been too good at doing a stand still burnout, I think it's got something to do with the 33x12.50 BFG Mt's. (got to be some of the stickyest tires in the world)<br><br>DB