Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Looking to build and Looking for ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to build and Looking for ideas.

Ok men, I got a question. Tell me what gives me the best bang for the buck on a 2nd Gen. 24 Valve Automatic Transmission. I’m looking to build up a 2000. I know the obvious 53 block, lift pump, transmission. Been looking around researching here and elsewhere, and I’ve got some good ideas, but want to know what you run as far as boxes, turbos and such. My knowledge of building skips a “generation” it goes from 12 Valve to Common Rail, but I know yall will help me out. If yall can let me know about what horsepower range yall are talking about in what yall say, and if at all possible some prices.
And if anyone out there can tell me the best way to make 800 hp, I’m all ears. That’s where I’d like to take this thing if its possible- but I might run out of funds before I make it. All the same I’m still interested in anything between 700hp and 800hp.
-ed
Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM

call jetpilot,,,he`ll set you up.......bama
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 PM

ok man will do... thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 AM

You're not far from Power by Poole or TRE Diesel. Either could built you twins and get you anything else you need. Doug at PDW (Jetpilot) is a good guy too and has helped me in the past. Can't go wrong with any of the above

You're going to want big injectors, *huge* single or twin turbos, headstuds, o-ring or fire ringed head, and lots of spray the the hp your're looking for. The most a 2nd gen will do on fuel is around 650 uncorrected.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM

ok, what I'm doing is building a truck for a friend of mine. He wants a truck that will put the power down. He asked me what would I go with, I told him I can do most with a Cummins. But anyway, he's got the money but I got the knowledge, so I told him to tell me what my price range is and I'll see what I can do. I told him get me to money and I'll build it up. Plus I just like tearing stuff apart and putting it back together. I'll keep this all in mind and the people to talk to. Once I get back home to talk to him face to face I'll get to calling some people. Thanks again

eddie
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If max hp is the goal, I'd skip over a 2nd gen truck. The Common Rail is the king, but the 12V has more development into it. As the HPCR development continues, the 12V will fade away because it's just not sophisticated enough.

If funding is tight, get a 12V. But if you can score an 03 HPRC for not too much, I'd get one of those for a project truck.

Better yet, find an old 2nd gen and swap in a CR engine
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Hohn- I agree completely agree and thats what I tried to tell him... but people don't generally listen. If I had to spend my money it would be on a 3rd Generation. Thanks