Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Longer Lug Bolts????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longer Lug Bolts????

Does anyone know if longer lug bolts are available for my 2002 for the rear hubs? Are they a bear to have someone press the old ones out and new, longer ones in? Just curious.

I just bought 285's for my dually and my 2.5 inch spacers are way to much. I would like to make a spacer plate, not an adapter with extra bolts and junk, so I can make them look like I want, normal, not retarded. The spacers are limited to a min of 1.75 inches in order to cover the existing lugs. I'd rather use the same bolt all the way through if I can. I know the outside wheel won't be "hub-centric" if I do, but it isn't "hub-centric" on the spacer either.

I have a .375 inch plate that I put between my 235's to help them clean out and it seems to work great. Just a little extra space goes a long way when it comes to slinging the mud out of them or them becoming one big mud ball that won't crawl out of anything.

Help? Thanks in advance.

JWB
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 PM

Not shure, but here's a bump.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
JKM

I'm not sure either , but if you do find some , they are not hard to change , easier with the hub off of the truck and on a bench , but it could be done on the truck, hammer the old stud out, run the nut on so it is just flush with the top of the stud , and give it a really good smack with a hammer , and it should pop right out. when installing the new ones , put the stud in then use a stack of washers under the nut and pull it back into place.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JKM
I'm not sure either , but if you do find some , they are not hard to change , easier with the hub off of the truck and on a bench , but it could be done on the truck, hammer the old stud out, run the nut on so it is just flush with the top of the stud , and give it a really good smack with a hammer , and it should pop right out. when installing the new ones , put the stud in then use a stack of washers under the nut and pull it back into place.
Thought about that, but it looks like the hub must seperate for the bolt to come out. If it is pushed out, it looks like the head will hit another part of the hub and won't let the bolt come out of the hole. You did notice that I have a dually, right?