Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Local shop said ISSPRO gagues are junk

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine, try moving your fuel pressure hook up to pre filter and adding a needle valve on it. That should stop the vibrations.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

I sell pretty much sell all of the different guages there is nothing wrong with Isspro, they make fine guages
Old 04-07-2005, 04:37 PM

Imagine THAT!!

I was just going to start a thread about this very subject!!

I just asked the shop that is doing my gauge install to consider ISSPRO.

I looked them up on www.dieselmanor.org and even called ISSPRO in Oregon. I was happy with the information that I obtained from both sources and passed it on to the guy I'm having do my upgrades (Eric of FRANTEC AUTOMOTIVE in Pahrump NV - he quoted me for AutoMeter Sport Comps).

When I got to his shop, he told me he "never heard of 'em". Then he called his buddy @ Diesel Dynamics (Cord) in Las Vegas and (you can tell I'm not afraid of throwing names around!!) he said that there was an article published recently that "rated" gauges based on reliability-price-and ease of installation (which I would think would be the same FOR ANY BRAND). He said that ISSPRO ranked below AutoMeter across the board, but also said that neither brand was at the bottom. I DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE AND CANNOT VOUCH FOR ITS RELIABILITY - so don't shoot the messenger!!!

Frankly, I only know of these 2 brands. I intend on using my gauges for safety/diagnostic/informational purposes and not in a RACING APPLICATION (I'm towing a 5er!), therefore have come to the conclusion that EITHER BRAND is sufficient to suit my purposes.

I went ahead with the kind of gauges that I got quoted for. They don't look bad, appear to be very readable and are stock on hand for the vendor that is doing the work. But the bottom line is this:

IF YOU WANT ISSPRO, BUY ISSPRO. No one has been able to prove to me that it would be a bad decision.

Just out of curiosity - what brand of gauges did the guy recommend????

Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm always highly suspicious of any magazine "article" that states "A" is better than "B".

It seems "A" always buys more ad space in the magazine than "B" does.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:52 PM

I am not so sure what makes a good or bad gauge, Autometer is good stuff, they make more options then Isspro, I went Isspro based on the match to my interior, I like the colored pyro, reliabilty and price/value. That said if they are junk then I must have junk, they work as designed, the match is good, the price was awesome, the company is in the US and I don't really give a hoot about silver paint/carbon fiber/blue leds/yada yada yada, some folks must cause they sell em, I can say if you are lookin' for the same qualities as me, you won't be dissapointed by Isspro.....or autometer...or?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:56 PM

He made it sound like a comparison of Brand A vs. Brand B vs. Brand C etc.

Again...I didn't read it, but I'd be willing to be in the upper portion of the page, centered neatly in very fine print it read "ADVERTISEMENT".

But I'm with you...believe none of what you hear, 1/2 of what you read, and all that you SEE!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 07:03 PM

I don't know about that "believe all that you can see" stuff anymore.......
Those plastic surgeons are doing some pretty amazing things.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM

...you're right, they are doing some pretty amazing things!!

How about "Believe all that you feel!"

Woo Hoo!!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by RamBob
...you're right, they are doing some pretty amazing things!!

How about "Believe all that you feel!"

Woo Hoo!!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by Cowhand
SPA's rock......and they have a programmable idiot light so I don't have keep my eyes glued to the pyro when I stomp on it. After the cars stop whizzing by I can recall the peak temp to see how close I was to meltdown.

I really like the idiot light. Suits me right down to the ground

They are pricey, but after spending thousands on BOMBs what's a few hundred more?

Did I mention it has an idiot light?
I have the SPA guage too, just got it last week somebody forgot to give me the operating manual with it so I'm stumbling along trying to figure out all the functions. The operating manual is on its way in the mail
Old 04-07-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RamBob
Just out of curiosity - what brand of gauges did the guy recommend????

AutoMeter. Their glass case was full of them and there was only one Isspro gauge left, but it was not the EV series, which I want for a better match.

I don't think I would ever buy from the shop. They are real big into Bankz. They offer stuff by Edge, but most of the things they have to order. They are also overpriced.

They also seem to catter to the Ford boys, yet their big company truck is a Chubby
Old 04-07-2005, 10:08 PM

I feel your pain, dude...If I had more time and the facilities, I'd take what I've learned from this site and do it myself!!

I'm going with the Autometers only because it's more convenient - for me and the guy that's putting them in.

Even though they don't match the OEM Black background of my truck instrument panel, the EV's are pretty cool and caught my eye. And if the guy I'm buying from said "Sure, we have ISSPRO" they would be going in my truck

Try www.dieselmanor.com He is a MAJOR ISSPRO distributor (according to Isspro!) and is better than competative on his pricing. You may want to get the 3 gauge cluster and just have someone else put them in.

Just a thought.

RamBob