Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

LIMP mode w/ Quad XZT+??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LIMP mode w/ Quad XZT+??

So my truck has had the Quadzilla XZT+ box on it for about a year now without any issues. I love it... BUT this morning, I started the truck to leave the house, and I've got a CEL light, and the truck is in limp mode! I kill the truck and restart several times to no avail, and finally limp it to the nearest parts store to check the codes. It's got a Turbo pressure sensor LOW code... I immediately unplug the XZT box from the truck and plug in the factory sensor and its fixed! What do I need to do? Send the XZT back???
Old 02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try updating it & reinstall.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM

Limp mode w/ Quad XZT+

I just had the same problem with my XZT+ after 1 yr. I contacted Quadzilla and they were great to deal with. They had me check my pins on the connectors and check my wiring harness. Everything checked out except the tuner itself. They rewrote a program and sent it to me and it still didn't fix the problem so they had me remove the harness and the tuner and send it back to them. I just did this friday so I will let you know what they say. You may want to contact them yourself and ask for Jeremy. He is the one who has been helping me. Maybe he can help you too.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by hdguage
I just had the same problem with my XZT+ after 1 yr. I contacted Quadzilla and they were great to deal with. They had me check my pins on the connectors and check my wiring harness. Everything checked out except the tuner itself. They rewrote a program and sent it to me and it still didn't fix the problem so they had me remove the harness and the tuner and send it back to them. I just did this friday so I will let you know what they say. You may want to contact them yourself and ask for Jeremy. He is the one who has been helping me. Maybe he can help you too.
I was told to do the same as you, and those tips didn't work either. I did however find corrosion inside my map sensor plug. I cleaned that out and put a bit of electrical grease in the plugs. That worked for about 2 days then the CEL came back as well as Limp Mode. Ended up sending in my XZT+ to Quadzilla (chip and harness) and talked back and forth. For almost a week my XZT+ didn't show the symptoms on one of Quadzilla's workers truck. Then the day before they were going to send it back it did the same on their truck. They ended up re-flashing it with whatever they used and sending it back. When I re-installed it I checked all connections again, put electrical grease in all plugs and away I went. Been good for a while now.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM

Great... I HATE stock settings! I've got some weak butt RV injectors and the XZT, that's it! If Don would hurry up on my injectors I may not have to buy another box to get me by!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 PM

They e-mailed me a zip folder to reflash the unit and that didn't work either. Sounds like a pattern to me!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Dang! looks like I'm going to have to call them tomorrow! Sounds like they are slightly diseased with this prob!

P.S. I just bought an Adrenaline...... OOOPS

mcoleman--- better hurry up with those "other" parts!!

Trending Topics

Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 AM

It's not the "other" parts I'd be worried about. It's the clutch.