Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

lifting it

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
skyjunker only if you want a rough ride. If the coils are truely VR then possibly. I had the tracbar drop bracket break under normal highway driving and they wouldn't even replace/swap their own product. I will never by skyjunker again. I would highly recommend Carli, Kore, Pure suspension.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmm good to know. I really just want the improved ride from the front coils. And the 5" skyjacker kit is almost the same price....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM

hey guys rocket high bid said it right dont, if you gotta peice everything together to get the best of all the worlds do it. its not fun to do mutiple times because you cut some corners you know?.... other than that i am sad to say the lift has been put on the back burner truck is in peices in the drive way we were doing everything when i received the news that my father had been killed over seas on sunday. so i will keep you all updated when i get back to it all and everything is done.

chris
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by firgod4
hey guys rocket high bid said it right dont, if you gotta peice everything together to get the best of all the worlds do it. its not fun to do mutiple times because you cut some corners you know?.... other than that i am sad to say the lift has been put on the back burner truck is in peices in the drive way we were doing everything when i received the news that my father had been killed over seas on sunday. so i will keep you all updated when i get back to it all and everything is done.

chris
Very sorry to hear about your father.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 AM

sorry about the sad news.
If/when you resume the project let me know I don't mind providing my $.02. I will tell you that I am removing my skyjunker springs because of the crappy ride. It's true their product will "lift" a vehicle but the ride is compromised and not worth it. After the trackbar issue and SJ not standing behind their own product I won't buy anything from them again, it's not worth compromising the saftey or having to "redo" parts/projects. I even filed a report w/the National Hwy Saftey Admin.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM

thank you guys, i will let yall know when things resume
Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by torquefan
Very sorry to hear about your father.
Me Too. KEep your chin up bud.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 PM

wow that bad eh? sheesh. now i dunno what to do! i Want to ditch my spacers real bad! I want the better ride and driveability
Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 PM

ditch the spacers and get the carli or kore 2" or 3" springs only w/bilstein shocks. These springs are known as the leveling springs.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Wow....all the smack about Sky Jacker, High Bid I see what your saying and what happens to your hard earned money, but don't you think maybe it is an isolated incident at best out of the thousands of kits they have made a few have had the issue...

Kinda like our vp44's.....trucks are great untill the bug hit you...then these trucks suck is all everyone says..."I won't ever buy a dodge again"

all I can say is that I have had my sky jacker 4.5 inch lift (including previous owner who transfered with the sale ALL reciepts) on for 92,000 miles....he put it on when the truck had 7,200 miles according to the reciept and it currently sits with 99,800 miles....not one single problem documented by me or him....I purchased the truck at 71,000 miles...

I have reciepts for his origional shock purchase with the kit and the one's I just put on at 88,000 and thats it, to the suspension.

So, my PERSONAL experience is that this kit has been great for a LONG TIME.

Not saying your PERSONAL experience isn't valid, just that it only pertains to you. I called sky jacker to get quotes on new shocks and ask if I should run nitro or hydro based upon my driving style and found them to be VERY VERY helpful...

NCA
Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 PM

Glad youre experience was far better than mine. These are just my experiences. Even the phone communications w/SJ was poor and their unwillingness to compromise at any level was far from what I would expect from any co. YMMV
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 AM

started on the lift again yesterday, thank you all for the condolences, my father is just now arriving in the country after his death on the 19th so we are doing the services after the holiday so i am hoping to finish the lift this weekend. i will make sure i put some pictures up, i painted the lift a different color, its starting to look pretty good.

chris
Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 PM

sorry to hear the news on him. prayers are with your family.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM

just wondering if you picked back up on the lift project?

I'm trying to replace my lift w/Carli or Pure progressive rate coils (front) and Atlas either 6" or 4" in the rear and finding shipping to be outrageous on all the products.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:34 PM

hey everyone finally got a chance to get back to y'all, it took forever to get this done things just kept getting worse with the family and things didn't go well. but anyway i got the lift done wasn't super bad, doing it in the driveway kind of sucked but it was doable. heres some pics she looks great now im very happy with it. in the pics it looks like the front is higher but after everything settled and it got some love its great and level, the ride upfront is amazing with the progressive coils and the rear with the shackle lift is great and it does not ride any rougher than before so i am very happy with it, it makes the 35 look a little bit small now but thats ok, i like the lots of wheel well look. let me know what everyone thinks good or bad thanks guys!!!!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails lifting it-lifted-done-1.jpg   lifting it-lifted-done-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: lifting it