Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

leveling kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling kits

Thinking about installing a leveling kit.I would like to know if you need longer shocks,realignment,and the difficulty installing.Any other information on different manufactures etc. would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:44 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Use the search function, I put a rough counrty kit on mine in like 2 hrs. with a hand from my brother in law. Not too tough, I would recommend borrowing a spring compressor (outside one) to make the job a snap. The drivers side goes in first (per my instructions), but then you are maxxed out on travel so the passenger side spring wanted to be compressed a little to slide back in after mounting the the kit into the tower. No new shocks needed, but highly recommended as you are already in there anyway. You might consider just getting the 2" + Coils, I have heard they ride a little better, but then again I didn't notice a dfference in my ride? Front end alignment would be a good idea, again I didn't, but you are changing the geometery of the front end here, so better be safe than sorry. (I am in the market for new tires and rims so I said f' it, I'll wait another couple of thousand miles to get the alignment on the new set of shoes.
The kit I bought came with VERY detailed instructions, and I got a deal on a set from someone on DTR, you can find them used for around $50-70 or new for around $100.
Use the search function, it's your friend
Old 04-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres a guy on ebay that sells matal ones forged from one single peice of matal for about $75.00, no welds or seems to fail and they last alot longer than the polyurethane found in most kits.