Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Leveling Kit Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 02:55 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Leveling Kit Question(s)

Does anyone know what happens to your front end alignment after installing a 2" coil spacer kit? I am about to install mine, and after looking at the front end, It's seems that it is going to "roll" the axle over forward, changing the geometery of my turn? Is this correct, and if so, will I need to drive it directly to the Alignment shop after the install??
Sorry to post it here, but I wanted to continue with the install if it isn't going to effect my driveability right away.............
Old 02-19-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just did mine and no problems with steering, but it does change castor.
you will feel negative feed back from the steering and might get some shack or wobble. a good time to think about shocks ,stab, sway bar end links, general check of front end componets. i would take it to an alinment shop when you can!!!!
i haven't yet, because i found a outter tie rod thats bad, so i am waiting for a new one , then in the get the castor set back to stock, or best they can.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply, all went well. The drivers side shock nut was dinged up for some reason, which made me have to pull the shock and tower up into the engine compartment to get the coils moked out. Should have got new shocks at this point, but I didn' t like the looks of the one at the auto parts place. I like the new stance of the truck and need to get some new shoes after which I would want a fresh alignment anyway. Just a little different than all other trucks I have owned in the way of front ends.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving down to "accessories" since you finished the job.

phox