Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Letter from the health department

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Worried about the red light / speed enforcement cameras? The red light cameras use "VASCAR" to measure your speed. Speed cameras also use "VASCAR", though some use actual radar. Ask for the certification of the VASCAR and it's certifying tech when you go to court. Certificates should be no less than a year old. Also ask for "test" photographs showing the lights in different positions, as all electronic optics when trained on one spot develop burned pixels.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by cLAYH
I'm going to Moab this spring, are they hard on tourists that smoke or let them slide by? My '01 doesn't smoke unless I want it to(like when being tailgatied) but if they are as picky as everyone says I'll turn the other cheek and keep my nose clean. Nobody likes getting in trouble when on vacation.

I wouldn't worry about it in Moab.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Anyone ever seen a car come out of the smoke with there wipers on? thats some funny funny.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:50 PM

If it ever gets that bad here in Ohio, I'll have to "smoke" my plate. What ever happened to "innocent until PROVEN guilty" ??
Old 01-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by roberts11260
Anyone ever seen a car come out of the smoke with there wipers on? thats some funny funny.
That right there is some funny stuff...

No not really funny, and the exact reason we will be stopped from having any fun in the very near future if it continues.

Just have to wonder just how funny it would be if someone blinded by your smoke would hit another car head on. Yea...now there's some funny stuff.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Take some time adjusting preboost fueling. when I first installed my PDR370's
I had alot of off idle smoke and also going from light throttle cruise then stepping on it, it would smoke bad after adjusting the housing and the star wheel it runs clean and fast. I don't think I lost any performance by cleaning up preboost over fueling. as soon as the boost comes up alittle it has alot of fuel with a #0 plate full forward at WFO with 45psi boost theres not alot of smoke.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ram1999

No not really funny, and the exact reason we will be stopped from having any fun in the very near future if it continues.

Just have to wonder just how funny it would be if someone blinded by your smoke would hit another car head on. Yea...now there's some funny stuff.
for me it would be pretty funny, usually the only time a car around me gets smoke dout is if its doing something REALLY stupid. for some reason people like to tailgate me as well, so if they dont have the capacity to drive correctly I have no remorse for the aftermath of their actions
Old 01-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Like I said earlier I don't drive around smoking people out. I live in the country and I really don't have to worry about people complaining about smoke. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And it wouldn't be funny if my smoke caused a wreck.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:43 PM

I was pulled over one day by Dot state cops that do the inspections on trucks. Y? Becuase i came threw an intersection when the truck didnt down shift and lugged it out of 3rd gear. It made some smoke but not anything like an old mack dump truck. Well they pulled me over ran my registration and ins. Dipped my tank gave me a hard time. I got a $248.73 fine for creating a hazardous situation.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

funny

Originally Posted by Ram1999

I agree with you.
Im no punk kid trying to smoke everything out.
Smoking out is typically a accident with my truck, its a 24valve with minor smoke, nothing like a 12 valve by any means.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Banned

IF you think its funny that you cased a wreak,think of this for a min. 7 years ago a women wanted to kill her self,so she stepped in frount of my truck, 4am dark,no moon. i didnt see her till she hit my windsheld, killed her instent. now the scarry part. 3 dui test 4 hrs later still at the acdent they inpound my truck,and take me home. 1 week laster call me topu my truck, ca dot there give me a ticket $380 for my e brake out of adjustment? cause i have a commersal cdl. and tell me that the da is looking at the case. i my get charged with involarnty manslater, min 3 years in jall. thay had 1 year to charg me. Now think about it . is it worth it to smoke out somebody cause there on your bumper,and take a chance that you might lose everything" Not to funny now is it. iam not saing this will hapen to you but it could. Not raggen just like my freedom and love my wife and kids. i would die if i couldent see them everyday.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by DMcPherson
for me it would be pretty funny, usually the only time a car around me gets smoke dout is if its doing something REALLY stupid. for some reason people like to tailgate me as well, so if they dont have the capacity to drive correctly I have no remorse for the aftermath of their actions
Well...I guess we all are different. It would bother me if I caused someones death on the road by doing something like smoking them out.

I knew a guy, he was living in Texas at the time. Coming back from hunting he ran a stop sign causing a wreck in which a young mother and two young kids were killed. He took his shotgun from his truck and killed himself right there. Yes, an extreme example, but it shows just how terrible he must of felt about what he did.

If you can live with yourself...you are a much colder man than I.

A few will ruin it for all of us. As Shovelhead said "We have met the enemy and he is us."
Old 01-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
....., so if they dont have the capacity to drive correctly I have no remorse for the aftermath of their actions
I doubt your local District Attorney would hold that same view if your smoke cloud was deemed to be the cause of someone's injury.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Here in CO now gassers dont have to do the emissions test, but the diesels still do, thank god im registered to VT.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Causing a wreck cause of your smoke would not be funny at all. You can't tell me that you have never tailgated somebody. Maybe your the one that doesn't have the capacity to drive correctly if you are filling a road full of smoke so other people can't see. I know that I got in trouble for blowing smoke, but I have learned my lesson and like I said and will say til I am blue in the face I don't smoke people out and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time or someone having a grudge against me since the health department takes peoples word. It is actions like smoking out tailgaters that is going to ruin the fun for all of us.

Quick Reply: Letter from the health department