Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Letter from the health department

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letter from the health department

I got a certified letter from the Utah Health Department saying that I was seen blowing smoke and that I need to take it in to the county tech center to get inspected and emission tested within 15 days or they will cancel my registration. And if I get reported again I could recieve a 2500 fine. That was a couple weeks ago so in that time I took it all down to stock except for the hrvp and put a hy35 on it just to make sure. It passed with flying colors, but now I am nervous to put anything back on. Now don't think I drive around smoking people out cause I don't. I can count on one hand how many times I have layed out a good cloud with people around. I guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So if you are gonna smoke out a line of traffic watch out for granola eaters in toyota prius's and subaru outbacks.

P.S. If you think you don't have to worry cause there are no diesel emissions in your county think again, cause my county doesn't have them either, but they have the equipment.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

i'd put it all back on there.

that being said, i cant believe that i havnt been turned in yet
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 PM

I agree with you I think I will put it back on there. That might just be us kids being stupid, but I like being stupid every once and awhile
Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin92
That might just be us kids being stupid, but I like being stupid every once and awhile
ill agree with that
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

WOW,never heard of such a thing,im surprised ive never been turned in,Ive had coal rollin for 9 years,never even been pulled over for it,the truck i drive everyday smokes at an idle,what a pain it would be to have to go to stock to pass emissions,I think i would FAIL
Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 PM

I've gotten 3 letters. It said that someone reported me "emitting excessive visible exhaust emissions (smoke)." They said the letters are just notification and they can't do anything about it unless a police officer see's me and the smoke hangs in the air for more than 10 seconds. The fine is $350. But I make sure the police aren't around when I do lay down a good stream.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:40 PM

Hmmmm....was that old '92 of yours blue? I have seen a couple trucks around here smoking and Ken Jones at Diesel Power has indicated that the local sheriff has been cracking down.

Maybe it's time for more air
Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Registered

i smoked a lady out one day and then she passed me and took a pic of me and my truck with her camera phone. dang tourists, probably never seen a hillibilly before
Old 01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned

Sure that happens,thats when you get back in front of them and give it to em until they can chew on it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 PM

The blue truck you are talking about was my brothers. I had a white 92 that I sold. My truck is a 2001 red single cab. Ken is right they are cracking down. So be careful where you blow smoke. They are cracking down on tint to got a ticket for that not to long ago.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 PM

A guy that lives in that same area told me he had the same thing happen to him, he told them that his truck was a farm truck and they haven't bothered him since.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

I'm surprised I haven't gotten in trouble yet, I have left a few intersections in a cloud before and when someone rides my tail I make sure they know what an unnatural eclipse is
Old 01-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Banned

How could you be cited for anything based only on another driver's word? Can you simply say that you saw a Honda Accord going 100mph and he will receive a ticket? Doesn't work that way here.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 AM

In my old 98 I was pulled over by the cops for smoking out the intersection thay just told me to take it easy.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by smokin92
I got a certified letter from the Utah Health Department saying that I was seen blowing smoke and that I need to take it in to the county tech center to get inspected and emission tested within 15 days or they will cancel my registration. And if I get reported again I could recieve a 2500 fine.
Unfortunately, this will become more and more the "Norm" for many areas as Pollution Police get tasked with reducing emissions.
Warnings will soon become tickets.

Be careful with that smoke, that Volvo driver you "fogged" just might be the deciding vote on the next "Should we start emissions testing trucks" vote.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us"

Quick Reply: Letter from the health department