Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Lets see your lifted Cummins!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. BTW, the new tires are 305/70r17 Nitto's TerraGrapplers which work out to just over 34". I got all four mounted for $1100 total.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Here's mine:

Old 11-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now THAT'S a bumper! Good lookin' truck...
Old 11-16-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Here is my 98 just after I installed the 048 springs. It also has 3" daystar body lift. It can fit 36s but I don't like the mileage loss.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flynhigh205

Here is my front end I do have the truck done but Centerline F@#$ED my wheels so its still just riding on 315's
Any new pictures of your truck???
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM

I dont have any new pics of my truck. I do have the wheels and tires for it, I have a new hood for it, I also did a sport front end conversion to it, I also added air bags to the rear, as well as a custom set or traction bars. The traction bars and air bag brackets are all powder coated blue like the front, to give the rear end some more color. I also got some of the new Bushwacker pocket flares for it. And while I was doing all of that I decided to get the truck custom painted. The reason I havent taken any pics is because I was riding my Fatboy to check it out at the body shop and a 88 yr old man pulled right out in front of me and I slammed into him doing over 50mph. I almost ripped my right leg off below my knee. So I have had 10 surgeries to date and still cant walk. The accident happened on May 28th. I will post a full topic on my truck when Im better. Thank you for your interest though..
Old 11-16-2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by flynhigh205
I dont have any new pics of my truck. I do have the wheels and tires for it, I have a new hood for it, I also did a sport front end conversion to it, I also added air bags to the rear, as well as a custom set or traction bars. The traction bars and air bag brackets are all powder coated blue like the front, to give the rear end some more color. I also got some of the new Bushwacker pocket flares for it. And while I was doing all of that I decided to get the truck custom painted. The reason I havent taken any pics is because I was riding my Fatboy to check it out at the body shop and a 88 yr old man pulled right out in front of me and I slammed into him doing over 50mph. I almost ripped my right leg off below my knee. So I have had 10 surgeries to date and still cant walk. The accident happened on May 28th. I will post a full topic on my truck when Im better. Thank you for your interest though..
Sorry to hear that bud. I think I'm more excited to see your truck done than you are!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:54 PM

I am very excited to get it done, I have done most of the work myself, it turned heads everywhere before the paint job and big tires. I should be up and walking by Jan. I flew 90ft when I hit the truck, my bike went 150ft without me. My leg caught the corner of his bumper, put my tibia through my skin, it really screwed up my CVO Fatboy. I would post some pics of my leg but I dont think they would get approved, its gruesome. But I will post pics of my truck this site has helped me alot and I want everyone to see how great it looks.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by YJim
Now THAT'S a bumper! Good lookin' truck...
Thanks! I can't wait when my truck is ready, the most noticeably update is 6" chromed bull-hauler stacks. I'm just picked my cylinder head from the o-ringing and I'm writing on highway in my car with my lap-top and wireless broadbrand connection...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
The Guru

Flynhigh, you working on you're truck yet? Bad luck on the leg. Last year I couldn't walk. I ripped my knee out last year. I couldn't hardly walk, but I had to fix my tranny in my truck. It got me thru things, I feel for ya buddy. Best of luck.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 PM

Lets see your lifted Cummins!!!!!!!!!!!-l_d92136d0cf5a9a391ea9c579dce05f77.jpg

Name:  m_afe2904eec7b20772a5b03db51f329ca.jpg
Views: 9658
Size:  5.4 KB

Here are some dirty pics of my truck. It looks alot cleaner now, I took these right after completing the NV4500 swap, so I was alot more concerned with how it drove than how it looked. Oh the dents that you see; those are from when I used to wheel the living H**L out of this truck. I have had this thing in places that had jeep guys scratching their heads trying to figure out how I made it there. No more though. She is now just the tow rig for the beater jeep I got.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by rollincoal01
Attachment 24730

Attachment 24731

Here are some dirty pics of my truck. It looks alot cleaner now, I took these right after completing the NV4500 swap, so I was alot more concerned with how it drove than how it looked. Oh the dents that you see; those are from when I used to wheel the living H**L out of this truck. I have had this thing in places that had jeep guys scratching their heads trying to figure out how I made it there. No more though. She is now just the tow rig for the beater jeep I got.
I see you have body lift....Any major issues with installing with the diesel engine? I've done gassers, but hear the diesels are a SOB.

Thanks
Rick
Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 PM

I see you have body lift
Ya I had that splash shield out cause it made getting to my starter bolts WAY easier.

Everyone told me it was gonna be a NIGHTMARE to do a BL on a diesel. But actually it wasn't hard at all. You have to rotate your hot side intercooler boot 180 degrees(I know it sounds goofy, but when your doing it you'll see what I'm talking about) and trim the boot at the air horn back about 2". Of course with every other BL kit you gotta do some mods to the fan shroud, not a big deal at all. Bonus for Dodge Ram's(not just diesels), you don't have to mess with the fuel filler hose. There is enough slack in them from the factory that you don't need to mess with extension piece. Basically, it's not that much harder than a gasser. I had mine done in 3 hours working in a gravel driveway with hand tools.
Oh btw, the beater jeep I got is a 95 ZJ. Just got a budget boost on it and 31" mudders on it but I love it.

Later,
Tommy
Old 11-18-2008, 02:50 AM

On a dually you must use some kind of fuel filler extension. I bought mine separetly.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by turbos10
You said cummins, not dodge.....
your truck gives me boner

Quick Reply: Lets see your lifted Cummins!!!!!!!!!!!