Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Let There Be Light!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by haloman
I dont know what happened to it. Maybe I touched it but I made it a point not too. I am going to run my sileverstars and see if they burn out incase its a harness issue, but I doubt it.
Let us know what you come up with.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Pictures of the lights installed:
Love the look - clear lenses make the truck look 5 years newer... almost. :-)

Anyway, since you burned one out and you said you were going to go back to the Sylvania Silverstars for the time being, have you noticed if the Silverstars are working better in the new housings than the old?

Just curious as I have old housings and Silverstars now and if these hot lights don't last, I'd like to know if the new housings will still give me noticeable improvements.

Thanks,
CORed
Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Chapter President

Thanks for the compliment. It hasnt been dark here yet. I should have a good feel for them by Saturday. Could you give more info on your "Catz Fogs"?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Could you give more info on your "Catz Fogs"?
Sure...

They are the MSP model in the gold color. Normal 55watt Catz bulbs. I use to have the MSRs and those were awesome fogs, but I broke one and decided on the smaller MSPs so I could put them in the bumper for protection. The MSPs are not as bright as the MSRs were (same wattage), but they help fill in the dark spots on the road that the Dodge OEMs don't.

I would probably get the whites if I bought them again. The bulbs themselves are white, but the lenses are gold so it's not easily changeable.

They have lasted a long time including some rough roads. I bought the truck used and it did not come with fogs so I went with these.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:31 PM

I just got in the PIAA 9007's on my lowbeams (I have a '01 Sport)...can't wait to try 'em at night...let everyone know how it goes...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM

It has been mentioned already but installing a relay on the high and low beams is key to having bright lights. No need to get a new wiring harness. I paid $7.00 for each relay. I spliced into the headlight wiring harness right next to the drivers side battery. I also put a relay on my fog lights. I get flashed all the time with my low beams on.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update I ordered 10 9104s from Maryland Metrics and the LMC harness , and have already gone through 3 bulbs , the low beams keep melting one side if the filiment , might be getting 3 hours out of them lol , they are bright but man this is getting old.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Chapter President

Thats what happened to mine, melted off right where the filament attaches.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by caper
Update I ordered 10 9104s from Maryland Metrics and the LMC harness , and have already gone through 3 bulbs , the low beams keep melting one side if the filiment , might be getting 3 hours out of them lol , they are bright but man this is getting old.
See, thats why they have a minimum $50 order...I guess its time for a different bulb?

How did the harness work for you?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
See, thats why they have a minimum $50 order...I guess its time for a different bulb?
Ouch Doctor.... It does sucks this new solution for bulbs isnt working out too well. On the other hand the housings and harness have made me very happy.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:30 PM

I didnt mean it that way... in the end, I decided against ordering these particluar bulbs. And Im sorry to hear that they arent working very well for you guys. Maybe a better quality (and lower output bulb) like a PIAA will work much better? Obviously, these are getting too hot. New housings, stock bulbs and the harness should give markedly better lighting.

The harness gives a fair bit of bang for the buck though...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Update on the PIAA 9007's...these are fantastic! night and day difference, my truck only has 31K miles on it so the factory bulbs are not super old...yet still the difference is amazing!! These could be some of the best bulbs I've ever used on any vehicle...hands down worth the price. I swaped out only the lowbeams on my Sport headlights...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir
Update on the PIAA 9007's...these are fantastic! night and day difference, my truck only has 31K miles on it so the factory bulbs are not super old...yet still the difference is amazing!! These could be some of the best bulbs I've ever used on any vehicle...hands down worth the price. I swaped out only the lowbeams on my Sport headlights...
How cool do they run compared to the stockers?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by EverydayDiesel
How cool do they run compared to the stockers?
I could have taken a LED flashlight and taped it to my hood and got better light... Anything but stock is better (except 9104's as I'm hearing now) For all of you that don't know much about electricity and higher watts, DO YOUR RESEARCH before you go putting bulbs that are a higher wattage than your stockers, for one you could have (hypothetically) had a bulb start your plastic headlight assembly on fire and you wouldn't have a truck now... I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you, but messing with electricity isn't a good thing unless you know what your are doing...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
I didnt mean it that way... in the end, I decided against ordering these particluar bulbs. And Im sorry to hear that they arent working very well for you guys. Maybe a better quality (and lower output bulb) like a PIAA will work much better? Obviously, these are getting too hot. New housings, stock bulbs and the harness should give markedly better lighting.

The harness gives a fair bit of bang for the buck though...
I wasnt offended Doc, Sarcasm is hard to convey over the nets lol. I apperciate all the advice from everyone. I can afford to try some bulbs at about $20, its the modules/turbos/injectors that I cant afford to try different things with like some people.

Quick Reply: Let There Be Light!!!