Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Laser Cut DV's IN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laser Cut DV's IN!!!!!

Over the weekend I pulled out my 370's and the 181 DV's...and installed my stock injectors and the new laser cut DV's I got from Industrial Injection!

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This setup fuels as hard in valet mode (maybe harder) than the 370's/181's in full fuel!!

In valet I'm seeing 62.7psi at the manifold, and (gulp!) 1490* EGT's...the heat is worse because my timing has also slipped from 17* to 13* With the 370's/181's in valet I say about 43psi, and ~1100* EGT's!

In full fuel, I get scared...stock head gasket, bolts, and 315K miles! I have seen 65.9psi and 1550*, and that was @ less than 80mph Old setup was ~57psi and 1290* EGT's all the way to 115mph!

For now, the headgasket is holding fine, but probably begging for mercy I'm unhooking the valet tongiht so I don't get itchy fingers and do something stupid before my new (ported and o-ringed) head is ready

I'd like to get the timing back where it should...but the last place I had do it tightened the nut so tight whe couldn't get it broke loose. We bent a 1/2" breaker bar with a 4' pipe on it, still not free! It's probably gonna bring threads with it when it comes off Good thing I'm getting rid of that puny pump anyway

Thanks goes out to Luke Hunley @ Heartland Diesel for the DV's! It made this truck a wild ride for now, it's gonna get better

Sig change coming, sorry for the long winded post,
Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

Sounds good... Love the truck. I want a 12v!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 AM

Stolen?? That really sucks, man!!

You can come up here and drive mine around if you'd like

Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
Stolen?? That really sucks, man!!

You can come up here and drive mine around if you'd like

Chris
Little to far to walk Fixing to get my rental (I called Enterprise, they'll pick me up!) Shopping for a clean 12v to replace it.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:38 AM

Sounds like you're gonna have fun shopping anyhow

Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you're gonna have fun shopping anyhow

Chris

Chris

did the thought of laser cuts and 370s cross ur mind? look in my sig i have them on the shelf, two issues tho, ONE i need air, and two i need clutch and headwork....

Tx
Old 02-14-2006, 11:32 AM

Chris,

what'ya think about the laser cuts & the 300's????? I'm definatly getting a gsk, & was thinking of bigger injectors, but now I might just go with the DV's & the gsk, do you think the 300's are too big to run with the DV's & my hybrid????? oh yeah, can't forget that I'll be getting the valet at the same time, what do ya think?????
Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I ran the 191's with 370's with awesome success....absolutely insane bottom end power with a very healthy top end.....the 191's and 370's definitely need the GSK to really liven things up on the top. Your Hybrid turbo will do just fine but WOT egt's will rise into the danger zone if you are going to hold WOT for a prolonged period of time in top gear. I ran a 16cm HX35 and egt's were very toasty up top.....there was no doubt the turbo was far to small. The spool up was nuts, though....in 4WD it was an insane light to light truck (man, talking about it makes me miss it )......there wasn't even a hint of lag that would indicate there was a large turbine housing. I would suggest 191 dv's to anyone looking for that next step in fueling. The problem with 191's and an aggressive fuel plate will be the clutch or torque converter!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:56 AM

Yep...crossed my mine a lot of times!!

But:
a. My timing is at 13*, and isn't moving 'till I can get the nut off
b. Stock head gasket, bolts, and 315K miles
c. I HATE 370's!! They made OK power, smoked like crazy, idled like crap, fuel mileage was worse, and I don't like the idea of an incorrect spray pattern (even though lots of people have run them a long time with no problems)
d. After running like this, when I go to the 913 pump, laser cuts, and (censored) injectors, I'll have A BUNCH OF FUEL! I don't know if I have enough air, but I'm curing that with...
e. Waiting on (censored) to o-ring and port my head, and send it back to Ohio with a cam in the box...shipping's cheaper that way

BTW, I'm not looking to go wild with this thing I just want a strong trailer tower!! I should be able to flip that little switch and be over 600 when I'm done though...I think I may be a bit conservative though!

JMHO,
Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 01:09 PM

Does any shop do hi-flo delivery valves for VP44? (Pls include shop contact info, or shop name at least.)
Old 02-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dusty Ratcliff
Chris,

what'ya think about the laser cuts & the 300's????? I'm definatly getting a gsk, & was thinking of bigger injectors, but now I might just go with the DV's & the gsk, do you think the 300's are too big to run with the DV's & my hybrid????? oh yeah, can't forget that I'll be getting the valet at the same time, what do ya think?????
I would think the hybrid can barely keep up now! Laser cut's made a big difference! I ran the stock injectors with the 181DV's and it would run about about 5psi less than the 300/181 combo I ran at first! Laser cuts are a whole new ball game!

I would however, do the DV's first! The bottom end is insane! But I can't imagine the smoke from 300/370's PLUS DV's! Those 300's smoked almost as bad as the 370's I ran! With the stock injectors, if I roll into the throttle too hard it'll puff pretty good, but if I mat it...BLACK CLOUD OF DOOM Once the twins light and are on their way to 60psi, it clears up to a medium haze!

HTH,
Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
I ran the 191's with 370's with awesome success....absolutely insane bottom end power with a very healthy top end.....the 191's and 370's definitely need the GSK to really liven things up on the top. Your Hybrid turbo will do just fine but WOT egt's will rise into the danger zone if you are going to hold WOT for a prolonged period of time in top gear. I ran a 16cm HX35 and egt's were very toasty up top.....there was no doubt the turbo was far to small. The spool up was nuts, though....in 4WD it was an insane light to light truck (man, talking about it makes me miss it )......there wasn't even a hint of lag that would indicate there was a large turbine housing. I would suggest 191 dv's to anyone looking for that next step in fueling. The problem with 191's and an aggressive fuel plate will be the clutch or torque converter!
So ur saying

laser cuts would eliminate lag? I have plenty of overfueling with mine as it is, with starwheel and 100 full forward, Stock turbo is my limiting factor tho, Hence why i still have DVS on the bench with the 370s, no doubt if i get twins taht 370s will be the way to go (for a while at least till i get my 215's honed)

CTD whats your take on the matter? and sorry bout the loss (truck)

Tx
Old 02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
So ur saying

laser cuts would eliminate lag? I have plenty of overfueling with mine as it is, with starwheel and 100 full forward, Stock turbo is my limiting factor tho, Hence why i still have DVS on the bench with the 370s, no doubt if i get twins taht 370s will be the way to go (for a while at least till i get my 215's honed)

CTD whats your take on the matter? and sorry bout the loss (truck)

Tx
Umm...yes, laser cuts will definitely eliminate ANY lag with the stock HX35! Regardless of the turbo and injectors you intend to use, if you have laser cuts sitting on a work bench, they are in the wrong place! Install them! You might have a potential egt issue with WOT in top gear but I would think you would have to hold top gear for awhile to get egt's into the danger zone. Trust me, you won't regret installing them now. We installed some laser cuts in a friends 97 215 pumped tow truck with a #10 plate and all I could say was wow!

FWIW, just be mindful of the pyro aqnd don't be afraid to adjust the fuel plate to keep egt's controllable and in check.

The 94 2500 wasn't a loss per say - I was just put in the unfortunate position to sell it. 2 CTD's and a Jeep ended up being one project too many! My dreams were bigger than my bank account! While I love my 3500 and it is a more practical vehicle for me, I sure do miss that 12v power!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:04 PM

I think it would take about "." that long for EGT's to get above 1300* with a stock charger!

As hot as mine runs with this much air, I'd hate ro try it with a stock charger. And I have the little pump

Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 04:06 PM

I think it would take about "." that long for EGT's to get above 1300* with a stock charger!

As hot as mine runs with this much air, I'd hate ro try it with a stock charger. And I have the little pump

Chris

Precisely my point

My truck runs hard as sin at WOT but it becomes a race with the tach and the pyro, But those laser cuts eliminating lag for light to light challenges.. hmm entising.. Now to get me a socket.... I have a 14cm exhaust housing, but i know ill need better than that...

Tx

Quick Reply: Laser Cut DV's IN!!!!!