Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

L.E.D. Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.E.D. Marker Lights

WARNING: LONG LONG LONG LONG POST!

So I switched over from regular marker lights to L.E.D.'s. Well, partly anyway. I've only had a chance to get pics in the day, but will for sure take some in the night, because that's when they look great. I had to leave the ones on the bottom at the front regular lights because of the mounting. I also put one on the mirror, one on the tool box and 5 on the headache rack (also New along with the bed rails) I think it looks great, but I'm biased because its my truck.

In all, there are 8 across the front/bottom of the truck, 5 normal maker lights, 6 on each running board, 2 behind the rear wheel, 5 on the headache rack, 1 on each mirror, 1 on each side of the tool box, and three above the hitch for a GRAND TOTAL 41.

I was thinking about doing the light strip that combines the tail lights, turn and stop lights across the very bottom of the tail gate, possibly replacing the three above the hitch. What do you think?

I have been told that I have too many on , and I can certainly see that, however, this is a TOW vehicle. I like the look of a little big rig. That said, Please give me your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. From what I've heard, LED's draw less than regular lights. Is this true?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM

LEDs do draw less power than regular lights. My answer to all of your confusion is "are you happy with the way it looks?" If so, don't give it another thought. Yeah we may all do something at one point that may lead to hearing the opinions of others, but I personally think a well lit rig looks great! So keep trucking and pay no attention those who don't understand.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Chapter President

Well thanks, and the pics are being approved right now. I have nothing against those rigs w/o lights. Infact I think the clean rigs, w/o any lights badges etc look great, but it's not for me. Mine isn't the sport edition, nor do i want it, but I like the way the sports look, and I really like the way mine looks now.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

Heck man that's all that matters is how YOU like your truck, build it the way you want and the way that will make you happy. I'm more of the clean look type as you can tell by mine....but I've had people tell me its bland and needs badges and stacks and all that stuff. But I pay no attention to them because that's not what I like.........I like it the way I built it!

But your question about the LED's........yes they draw quite a bit less juice than a normal light, plus LED's are 10X's cooler

~Nick
Old 01-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Cool cant wait to see them. I was just looking into some LEDs for the front of mine. I have four in the headache rack now all red, cause thats what I like. You have eight on the front under the bumper? The ovals or what?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Chapter President

There are two of those mount 3 bars (=6) and 2 single ones further on the side. See pic in my gallery titled "marker lights"
Old 01-19-2007, 05:15 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by CODODGE2500MAN
WARNING: LONG LONG LONG LONG POST!

So I switched over from regular marker lights to L.E.D.'s. Well, partly anyway. I've only had a chance to get pics in the day, but will for sure take some in the night, because that's when they look great. I had to leave the ones on the bottom at the front regular lights because of the mounting. I also put one on the mirror, one on the tool box and 5 on the headache rack (also New along with the bed rails) I think it looks great, but I'm biased because its my truck.

In all, there are 8 across the front/bottom of the truck, 5 normal maker lights, 6 on each running board, 2 behind the rear wheel, 5 on the headache rack, 1 on each mirror, 1 on each side of the tool box, and three above the hitch for a GRAND TOTAL 41.

I was thinking about doing the light strip that combines the tail lights, turn and stop lights across the very bottom of the tail gate, possibly replacing the three above the hitch. What do you think?

I have been told that I have too many on , and I can certainly see that, however, this is a TOW vehicle. I like the look of a little big rig. That said, Please give me your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. From what I've heard, LED's draw less than regular lights. Is this true?
Where did ya buy you're lights from? Can't wait for those pics to approve .

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Chapter President

All lights are from Walmart, and they are by far the cheapest there. They work great, but I think the led's look best!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Chapter President

PICS are HERE....(nights to come!!!)

Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
DTR question asker

Looks really nice man, bet she looks cool at night .
Old 01-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How difficult is it to mount the marker lights on the folding mirrors?? I have been wanting to do that since I bought mine, especially after seeing how well the mirror integrated turn signals look/function on Superduty rigs!!

I towed a trailer a couple weeks back that didn't have a functioning left turn signal -- broken wire -- and if I had the signal in/on the mirror, the trafic behind would have seen my signal anyway!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Chapter President

Mounting the marker light on the mirror was actually very easy. Use a couple of self tapping screws and it works great!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did you run the wires? That's the hard part IMHO.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 PM

Sorry to change the subject, but where did you get that shelf up on the headliner? That's cool.