Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

kore suspensions??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cowboy717
anyone here run the carli suspensions??? they look good,,, i'm wanting something that will handle the tough stuff,,
I have the full Carli kit and I go down to Baja and Nevada for all of the SCORE races. The Carli system as gone above and beyond my expectations. Even fellow racers are blown away at what a 3/4 ton diesel truck is capable of. In fact I was just in San Felipe watching the Baja 1000 this year and was able get out in the dirt the day after. The truck was doing 65 mph through whoop sections that made me have to remind myself that I wasn't in my race truck because it was so similar. Carli all the way you won't be dissapointed!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 AM

I hate my kore system!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LethalInjection
I hate my kore system!!!
Why?

(It seems to me that if you want to bash a product that others are intersted in, and many are VERY happy with, you should give some sort of reason)
Old 11-21-2006, 07:09 AM

Ok you want a reason here you go... First off I dont see where I bashed any product.. I gave my opion of what I have... till you ask for it....

Well since the kore chase install the back passenger side of the truck sits 1 inch lower. I have a terrible sqeeking noise in the front drivers side when comming to a stop....possible all the time but hard to hear over my stacks. The thing that bothers me the most is the truck drives a perfect straight line unless you apply throttle, the it pushes to the left (not a little I mean enough you have to counter steer) and when you let off it comes right back to a straight line. I have took it to three different alignment shops to make sure everything is good and its perfect everytime. Also it rides worse on the pavement then it did before the install. Yes it did help with the rear wheel hop and looks alot better sitting level but other than that I would not put this on my truck if I could do it over. If someone really wants a kore system buy me a different setup and I will trade you for it!!!! And help you install and swap everything.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by cjurasek
Question,

Has someone drove (passenger) in all four different trucks? Kore, Carli, Thuren-Carli, and Lorenz. These look like to me, the four players! This could be either on road or off road.
I had the KORE race system on my 05.It did not live up to its name (race) I lost the front diff housing way too easy.I ran a Infinite rate spring for a while and it was too stiff for my liking.Now I have the full on Carli Mega system with 3" kings and am amazed at the speed you can run the big whoops at in a truck that weighs close to 4 tons.Any one that was at Glamis either Halloween or last wk -end saw it Kicking **s at the whooped out sand drags.Faster than most buggies,bikes and desert trucks with number plates.
So yes I have driven all 3 systems and an now satisfied I am driving the best.
On most of our club outings we have all 3 represented.NO ONE has beat me in a Dodge truck yet.

Bob
Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Although i have no direct experience with a KORE suspension in my personal truck...I had the pleasure of helping install a system on our Shop Show truck. All i can say its top notch! We didn’t get the billet arms, but the arms we did get were double welded joints non-the-less. Stout! Rebuildable ends on everything. Very nice kits.....quality, baring none…..just my personal observations……
Old 11-21-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
KORE+ Northstar popup= unsatisfactory performance.

If you're planning to add an overhead camper,even a popup, I would discourage raising your truck. My KORE Chase setup rendered my truck undrivable having way too much sway. Thanks to some spring work from Deaver(great guys) and shock re-valving from Sean Lorenz(another super guy) the truck does pretty good. I've got a new one on the way,and as long as I have the camper I think new shocks will be all I'll mess with. I had some minor work done by Carli at his shop and I can vouch for his work. Another very competent guy! If you've got enough dinero,Lorenz or Carli can supply a setup to work with your camper but it would be a specialized application.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Although i have no direct experience with a KORE suspension in my personal truck...I had the pleasure of helping install a system on our Shop Show truck. All i can say its top notch! We didn’t get the billet arms, but the arms we did get were double welded joints non-the-less. Stout! Rebuildable ends on everything. Very nice kits.....quality, baring none…..just my personal observations……
But how did it ride? I don't think anyone is questioning or disputing the quality of Kore products. But I do think people are starting to realize that there are other kits out there that ride better and don't cost as much, yet has equal or better quality. Just my personal observation.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baja_Mike
But how did it ride? I don't think anyone is questioning or disputing the quality of Kore products. But I do think people are starting to realize that there are other kits out there that ride better and don't cost as much, yet has equal or better quality. Just my personal observation.

That is yet to be determined......truck has less than 20 miles on it....AND we lowered the truck soo much anyway…..it would have been a bad ride….hence why its out at KORE now getting a custom lowered suspension and roll cage for what Brad wants to do with it…….SOO…cant comment on ride….