Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

kore suspensions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kore suspensions??

has anyone ran a kore lift?? they look great,,, i hunt alot and get in some nasty places and i need something that will take the abuse,, not just look good
any body got any thing to say about them???
thanks
cowboy
Old 09-04-2006, 02:28 PM

There are several folks around here runnuing the KORE kit.....

Having said that, there's a growing list of folks who aren't happy with what they got for their money.

Try this....http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/

Way more bang for your buck.

Sage Carli and Paul Fox are great guys to deal with, great customer service.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:10 PM

http://thurenfabrication.com/

Same goes here. Great bang for your buck here. Don does a great job of consultation before the order. He's spent a lot of time on the phone with me to make sure I get what I need. I just now placed my first order. Only a track bar, but I've seen one of his others. It is very well made. He's spent time with me on other suspension considerations and actually pointed me in another products direction because it was the right product for my application. I don't think he'll sell you a product that doesn't fit your needs.

BTW, Don said his isn't as pretty as the KORE with the all the billet aluminum, that his was more utilitarian with welded steel. Still very strong, but much less expense.

Good luck, Matt
Old 09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Muted User

I've been running the KORE RACE suspension on my 2002 for several years now.

My truck has seen a lot of hard dirt miles and the suspension works really well. I live in the Pacific Northwest, but go to Baja frequently as well. I regularly see forest service roads and the harsh washboard of Baja. It soaks it all up and also rides well on the highway. It also works well for towing and hauling. I've got about 40,000 miles on the suspension.

It provides about 2-3 inches of lift for the front and about 1-2 inches in the rear. There are several different options in the KORE lineup, depending on your budget.

(Ad removed site violation)
Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
I have the KORE Chase system and am quite happy with it.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 AM

why aren't they happy with what they got?? i like the idea of lightweight and such, and using it to make very strong stuff,, i just want something that will take everything i thro at it,, and i mean everything,,,,
i'm not an abuser but i do USE my truck to and beyond its ability sometimes,,,, i just wanna make it there and back,,,
kore seems to me like a very good product,,, why would people be unhappy with them???
Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM

a friend of mine is building two baha 1000 trucks that are running Kore suspension stuff. The "chase truck" is finished and i saw him yesterday driving it. Looks awesome and has a LOT of parts on the suspension some stuff looks like it goes on monstertrucks. All sorts of extra resivors, lines and as of right now it looked to be Aluminum.

Id say they are good. Only company i know of that build a kit for a diesel to run the baha in... thats a lot weight that suspension is holding up jumping hills. One of his rigs is a diesel crew 4x4 auto... other is a hemi crew 4x4 manual.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm sure the KORE suspensions are great, but when I lifted my truck I couldn't justify spending that much money. I went with a kit that a local company put together. It was a Tuff Country kit, but instead of the front spacers it came with Superlift front coils. Got the entire 4.5" kit including nitrogen shocks for less than $1000. Instillation was a pain but I am very impressed with the results. The ride is actually better than stock and handling is almost the same as stock. Not had it off-road a whole lot, but when i have taken it it performs fairly well. It's not going to flex like a high dollar system but a set of sway-bar disconnects would help alot. The extra ground clearance helps the most. Had it on for a year and about 15,000 miles and not one problem yet. Oh, and by the way 4.5" and 35's look great. Just something for you to think about.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:34 PM

I have the KORE Chase system installed and the only issue that I had was with the stock trackbar. This is something that didn't come with the Kore Chase system but when I replaced it - it now drives like a dream. I didn't notice it that much until after the install. The stock trackbars are not that great on a 2nd Gen anyway. I would say the suspension is stiffer than stock but does a great job on rough roads. Also, you can drive it harder cornering than you could with just the stock suspension. I have been very pleased and most of the expense of the system is due to the Fox Racing Shox's. Although the shock resivoir mounting with clamps mounted to the frame is cheesy and could have been better thought out and engineered with nice aluminum or steel brackets.

One thing is that you cannot run the DT trackbar because of the drop blocks on the swaybar which kinda ****** me off. Well, you can if you add longer links, etc which equates to more money. Overall, it's rock solid but kinda pricey. Most of KORE research is geared to the 3rd GEN trucks which is a shame as they are doing nothing to improve our 2nd GEN's like a steering stablizer or a trackbar.

An honest review to help you make the right decision. Love those Toyo 35's though!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:32 PM

I just finished putting the Kore suspension on my '94. So far so good. There's a lot of work left to do: adjustable trackbar, r&ps, LSDs, and a little sheet metal trimming to get the Michelin 11.00r16 XLs to fit.

I thought about the recommended Toyo MTs, but after looking at the wheel selection available with the right backspacing I decided to stay with a tire that would fit the stock wheels (16x6.5). The XLs do just that.

FYI, the Kore antisway bar standoffs won't work with the Solid Steel steering box support.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:36 PM

Several complaints that I've heard of....leaking/blown shocks, valving too soft, things like that. I haven't seen any of the stuff they have manufactured for them actually break, just that it never lived up to the hype.

There's no arguing KORE does some nice stuff, but the vast majority of folks who buy it think that because it's the most expensive, it must be the best. They think it doesn't get any better until they ride in a truck set up by someone else.

The problem is, by the time they find out there's something better out there, the money has already been spent. Nobody wants to spend that much money twice......

Originally Posted by Viperdew
Overall, it's rock solid but kinda pricey. Most of KORE research is geared to the 3rd GEN trucks which is a shame as they are doing nothing to improve our 2nd GEN's like a steering stablizer or a trackbar.
The original KORE system was designed for the 2nd Gen. The springs and shocks are substantially the same between 2nd-3rd gen.

KORE has a track bar for the 3rd gen that looks like it's based on Don Thuren's design. Don has track bars for 2nd and 3rd gens.

Sage Carli has a steering stabilizer set up for 2nd and 3rd gens that is a way better design than KORE's 3rd gen set up, and FWIW, his kits come with Don Thuren's track bar.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Carli??

anyone here run the carli suspensions??? they look good,,, i'm wanting something that will handle the tough stuff,,
Old 09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned

There are a few third gen guys running it, I know it aint an apples to apples comparison, but it might help some...

And also I believe that Cowhand has some of his stuff.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
There are a few third gen guys running it, I know it aint an apples to apples comparison, but it might help some...

And also I believe that Cowhand has some of his stuff.
Actually, it is an apples to apples comparison. Victor Ortiz designed the original KORE (T-Rex) components and also designed the Carli components. He holds the design patent on the shock tower that KORE and Carli use.

Sage does the testing and furnishes the performance parameters, Victor refines it and makes it a reality. I've seen some of his CAD files, Victor was kind enough to show me how he does stress analysis on each part he designs. Sharp dude.

Every component that Carli manufactures has been designed by Sage, Paul Fox and Victor Ortiz, and there's solid engineering behind every part.

Sage and Paul are great guys to deal with too.

I am running some of Carli's stuff, basically my rear suspension (springs and air bags). My front end is kind of a hodge podge of Thuren, DT and stuff I've spec'd out myself.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:14 PM

Question,

Has someone drove (passenger) in all four different trucks? Kore, Carli, Thuren-Carli, and Lorenz. These look like to me, the four players! This could be either on road or off road.

Quick Reply: kore suspensions??