Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Kore Pace System

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg,

I have had the Pace system on my truck for a couple months now and I really like it so far. The ride is much improved......I gained 3.5 inches in the front. I think the reason for this is that I got the heaviest springs since I have a 240 lb ranchhand bumper up front, and those are the springs that KORE recommended. Anyway, I have a question:

What kind of difference would I notice if I upgraded to the Chase shocks? Would I notice a difference as a daily driver, or just off in the rough? Thanks.

Waylan
Old 03-16-2005, 10:49 AM

What differences would you notice?

Well, the Chase system uses a racing shock that has proprietary valving. That means that it works in a progressive manner. As things get worse, the shock gets stiffer. When you are towing on the hwy you get a plush but, firm feel. In the rough hauling a bed full of tools, wood, camping gear, a deer, water... or even a slide out camper, the pace system will not adjust to road conditions and the Chase will. For most of the guys I suggest the Pace system. When people call, I ask a few simple questions:
Year make model of truck?
Where do you live (winters)?
How much off roading do you encounter?
What type of driving do you enjoy?
So In asking, "What difference would I notice?" It proposes a more complex question than most would think.

Thanks,
Greg

Ad removed site violation
Old 03-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Greg,

Did 60 hard off pavement miles with my Pace system this weekend. It felt like it rode better on the road after the trip.

I'm running OEM BFG "rugged trail" tires from a 3rd gen truck. Untill these wear out and I get some Toyo...... How far can you air down an OEM tire for high speed dirt use? I'm running 45 front and 35 rear and still feal a hard initial impact on big pot holes.

BTW... I have the DSS steering brace/bracket. It doesn not look like the KORE Billet Drop Blocks are compatible with this mod.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:52 PM

I was also looking at the Kelderman and agree that it doesnt look all that great. I found this link:

http://www.trex-tech.com/trexairlift.html

I like the way this one looks. The price seems high, but I think its a bit cheaper than the Kelderman.

What are everybodys opinions on this particular system?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 PM

My question is will the leaf pack on the Pace system make the backend to soft & drop down far when loaded with say a 5,000 pound trailer.My truck is used for 99 percent road use traveling with a Race trailer for Snocross & MX.Looking to help ride & level it out a little.

Greg also any plans to make a Fox steering stabilizer for the second gens?I am in need of a replacement soon.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:38 AM

Greg, do you offer a discount at all? Someone had mentioned that there was a special on the TDR, but I cannot find it.