Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Kore Pace System

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg, Any idea what the Kore Systems will do with RTI (ramp travel index). Looks like the new Power Wagon will do 23" with swaybar connected. For that matter anyone know what a stock Ram will do? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by GregBoardman
..... You truly cannot reap the benifits of a well designed system with only half a system. ....
Greg Boardman

I bought the complete system. ...Chuck
Old 02-18-2005, 05:32 PM

What I was implying with the deavers, is that you were already at $2300 and a set of these would put you over the $3500. The coils on my truck were made special for the race truck. Only 4 coils like this in the USA. Ad removed site violation It is truly beyond belief. The Kore coils do not bind upon full compression. They are way beyond my knowledge or capability of explaining. With the 37's I only rub the stock control arms. I do hit the inside front of the rear fenders upon full compression due to custom bumpstop mounting.

Greg
P.S.

Do you have a real name cowhand?
I knew what you were implying about the Deaver springs ......the are fairly steep. I would imagine a full custom spring pack would add significant cost over the mini packs, so we might be in the same ballpark. I've heard some of the Super Duty guys have done well with valving around the stiffer leaf springs, so I'm gonna start there. Not a big deal to re-valve for a softer spring. If you're running one of two sets of those coils, I would imagine those aren't the standard KORE coils either My coils were actually fairly reasonable $$

Can't remember the stock spring rate for 2003's.....if it's not proprietary info, are your coils higher or lower spring rate than the stock coils? Not asking for an exact rate...that would be tippin' your hand

I should have the rest of the front end in by this weekend.....only factory parts left in it will be the axle and brake lines (waiting on those). I need to cycle it a few times to confirm the shock length. Shock towers are being built as I type....ordering shocks on Monday, still talking about valving. Hopefully, I'll be testing by mid-March.

Conrad
Old 02-18-2005, 08:23 PM

I have never even tried to ramp my truck to see what it would do. I am sure that when I go to Four Wheeler next week, I will be able to measure ramp index on the same ramp used for the Power Wagon and then I will post the results. It will be interesting to find out how the KORE stuff measures up to the new PW. One question, Can I undo my limit straps? I think that would be only fair!!!!

Mr.C
Your imagination is astounding. The coils on my truck are a far cry from the standard or heavy duty KORE coils that are included in the systems. The spring rate is more and less than stock!!!? I know that doesn't make sence but once you see them you will understand. I will tell you that the trucks are way undersprung and anyone would do well with a set of KORE coils in the front. Ad removed site violation

Greg
Old 02-18-2005, 09:02 PM

Astounding? Not quite sure how to take that.......it was kind of a rhetorical statement.
Sounds like a dual rate progressive spring...I know how it's done with coilovers, I think I can picture it with a coil spring. Believe it or not, it makes sense to me. I think I might have a vague idea of how you are valving your shocks for that spring.

I take it the standard KORE coils are higher rate?

I'll take you up on that call........

Conrad
Old 02-18-2005, 10:44 PM

no
Old 02-18-2005, 10:46 PM

Greg, sure undo the limit straps for the ramp test. I wouldn't get limit straps if I get the a Kore setup anyway.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:07 PM

My coils end up almost three times as stiff...!

Compression valving must be pretty near dead......is that three times toward the end of compression? IIRC, that's in upwards of 1200lbs/in. or more....Initial rate fairly light?

Doing some progressive valving on the shock? Hmmmm.......
Old 02-18-2005, 11:47 PM

I guess you'll just have to come up for a ride too!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Bilstein 5150s

Greg, What's your thoughts on KORE's new 5150 rear shock offering? The rear 5100s are out of stock so I have the option to try the 5150. I run empty 99% of the time. I also have a light camper. Probally 1200lbs fully loaded.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:31 PM

Dr.K,

Ad removed site violation

Greg
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 PM

Dr K,
Your right about the fronts being an off the shelf shock. I didn't state that right> Sorry about that. As for the ride of the Pace system:
The Kore Pace system used the same springs as the Chase and Race systems. The springs are the secret to Kore's success in prepping our trucks for off road. Even the pace system all but eliminates the problem caused by the expansion joint bounce that a HD pickup encounters. Washboard roads are eaten up like no other. The custom Kore coils are great for this. They have been designed with the driver in mind. Not just for lifting a truck like the Red springs are. Kore springs are long travel. They provide up to 10 inches of travel where as the Red springs only offer 6 inches of travel. Just look at the red kits with the 6inch extended bumpstops. With a six inch bumpstop travel is limited to 4 inches. You truck will ride better with stock springs in my opinion. Kore springs keep you tires and wheels in a constant contact with good ol terra firma. The Bilstien shocks that Kore uses dampen the movement of the spring. That is why we don't expierence the bounce in the rear end anymore after the Mini Leaf and Bilstien installation. There is a difference between companies and suspension. I would suggest you try and find a couple of trucks equiped with different stuff and let the suspension do the talking. I feel that the Kore suspension will speak much clearer to those of us who expect the best from our trucks. We spend upwards of $40K on our trucks. The suspension is the most important part of our comfort. We love to upgrade our power, trannies( that is a completly different thread) and now suspension. We spend top dollar on everything that we are passionate about with these trucks. Why skimp and put on a $100 Dollar spacer or $200 dollar spring and suffer for years. The Kore Pace system was designed for your truck. Not a Ford or Chevy and then adapted. It is guaranteed for the life of the truck. Lifetime guarantee. Why not go for the best and be happy.

Enjoy,
Greg
DRC
Do you work for Kore? The owner sent me the same e-mail when I asked him why his system is so expensive, I kid you not word for word!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:33 AM

Do I work for KORE?

In a word No!!!

The owner of KORE, Kent Kroeker, is a very good friend of mine. I have been part of the Research and development side of his company for over a year. I also am a part of the racing effort and helped in building the beast. We were very successful in racing the Baja 1000 race achieving 3rd in class. Only to be beaten by a factory sponsered Hummer and Nissan. Million dollar cars.
As for the wording of my post and his email being identical. Well, I guess Kent and I must be on the same page. I have never recieved a dollar from them for pay. I have volenteered my time toward the race effort and have recieved a few perks for doing it. I get to test the best suspension ever built for a production pickup truck.

GregAd removed site violation
Old 03-07-2005, 11:07 AM

Greg: I noticed Kore is offering a new item:

Billet Drop Blocks relocate the anti-sway bar rotating point to a neutral position, thereby providing the full benefits of roll control while reducing angular distortion and possible damage to end links.

- For 2003 - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 4x4's with 2 - 3 inch lifts

These are not needed on 2nd Gen. trucks?

Also, I installed the front half of the Pace system this weekend. The front 5100 is rather long. Guess Kore has tested and they will not bottom out at full comperssion?

Chuck
Old 03-16-2005, 02:45 AM

Dr. K,
Sorry it took so long for me to get back on this one. It has been a busy month for us here.

Kroeker seems to speak french alot when describing things. He gets a real kick out of how I describe his stuff.

These blocks are now available for the 2nd gen trucks. I have had a set on two customer trucks for testing. The report back that the front end of the truck seems stiffer more stable. Mor under control. On guy even went as far as saying that it felt like he replaced his balljoints.
I would say that the blocks just put more leverage on the axle and keep it a little flatter in turns. It returns the anti-swaybar ends close to stock.

as for the shocks,
They have been full compressed and do not bottem out on themselves. The new heavy duty bumpstops will limit the travel and save the shocks.

Enjoy,
Greg

Quick Reply: Kore Pace System