Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Keyless entry factory set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry factory set up

I bought the factory Dodge keyless entry system for my 98 because I did not want to cut into my truck wiring. Could someone please tell me how to install this kit thanks.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Help please
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 PM

I did the same I didnt want to cut wires. I will try and descibe what had to be done to the best of my recolection. I did this last year.

First unhook batteries

Second thing I had to do was remove the plastic covers on the bottom of the steering column. Then you have to unplug the ignition switch connector. Its a flat long black plug , I think its right under the steering wheel. Then you plug your main harness from the kit into both ends of the connector you unhooked.

The other wires off that harness from the kit run down the steering column.

The one wire (I think it was yellow not sure) is for the dome light. It has to be spliced to a yellow wire on the that is on the truck firewall inside the cab to the left of the brake pedal. There may be more then one yellow wire make sure to find the right one for the dome light.

Then the other wire from that harness is a ground and needs to screwed to something metal.

Then the you need to take off the driver side kick panel and pull the rubber boot thing out of the door jamb so you can unplug the wiring for the door lock. Then you plug in the harness you got with the kit to both ends of that wire, I think, one side gets plugged in by the rubber boot in the door jamb and the other in by the kick panel i think.

Then plug the batteries back in

After thats done then you hook up the black box thing, by plugging in the connector from the kick panel area, and the two connectors coming from the steering column.

Im pretty sure thats all. The main thing I remember was that splicing the wire to the dome light was a pain. Did it come with instruction, I know when I did it I had to look at them a couple times before I did it and then kept going through it as I did it.

Good luck with the install, Frank
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 AM

No instructions, can you please take some pics, was it on your truck in your sig mine is a 98 your plug in instructions and # of plugs sound different than what came in my kit. My key pads r the square type.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 98 thats loaded with no keyless also , go figure. I am intrested also in doing this , do you guys have a part # for the kit and how much was it thanks ??
Old 10-30-2007, 04:36 PM

I think it was 200+ I will get u a part #
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 PM

ya I put it on the truck in my sig, I found the installation instructions, I also have the square keypad thing. If you want I can mail you the instructions or I can try to figure out how to scan them and email them to you or fax?