Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.tstproducts.com/

Tst is a great fueling box and you can find them at the above website. Tst comp is a more agressive version of their pm3 box. You could use the tst with your comp box only if you disconnected the comp from the pump wire.

Edge comp is a timing and fueling box. Drag comp is an upgraded version of this that will pull hard to redline instead of defueling at 2700 rpms.

Smarty is an ecm programmer and you can read about it here:
http://www.madselectronics.com/

Search the forums and you'll find lots of opinions. I'm using a smarty programmer for timing along with a tst pm3 for fueling and it works great
Old 08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

well guys just got done testing my new TST competition box and all i can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW. i am really thinkin that my truck is just a freak of nature. i mean my truck responds to upgrades very very well. my buddy has an 03, HOT juice with attitude, water meth, and 100hp sticks. with my setup in my sig, i would beat him by a good truck length, now i seriously beat him by 4 to 5 truck lenghts. had to stack my DRAG comp in EZ mode for some timing becuase truck ran very very hot with with just the TST. all i can say is wow. i would definetly recomend a TST box to any one that has an SO motor. you will love it. i definetly think i am a mid to low 13 now. low 13 with 4x4 launch. god i love these trucks.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:22 PM

Glad to hear that you are happy with the new box. Doesnt it make the Edge Drag Comp just seem silly. Have you tried the upper power levels, like 7,8 or 9? Does your truck shudder at all? These TST boxes Rock
Old 08-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD2001
Glad to hear that you are happy with the new box. Doesnt it make the Edge Drag Comp just seem silly. Have you tried the upper power levels, like 7,8 or 9? Does your truck shudder at all? These TST boxes Rock
got it to shudder on level 9 just once. tried and tried to get it to shudder and it only happend once and it was just for a sec. yes this thing makes my DRAG box silly. i really liked the drag comp but after this, there is no way i would ever run anything else. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw is all i can say.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by inline6power
see there ya go. i thought you were saying less smoke with the TST comp alone. not stacked. i can understand the stacking thing with the timing. my argument was say you take my truck, with what i have in my sig. now when i get my TST today and i have LESS smoke with more power how does this happen if i am using the same turbo? is it all in the DRAG comps timing which helps clear some smoke?i can understand if i had a bigger turbo and then upgraded boxes and saw less smoke but with my same setup, how would i get less smoke and more HP? there is no way my smoke comes close to clearing up and i no thats wasted HP but how does the TST box have LESS than what i already have and give me more HP?
I know this is late but I went from a comp to a TST (both non upgraded) and withouth the smarty I lost a TON of low end smoke on my truck. I've got some nasty 100hp injectors (you can see a trail of smoke cruising down the highway). Even when I stacked the smarty on I still have FAR less smoke than with the comp. The comp I could black out a road for a good 3-5 secs. With the TST I'm lucky to lay a thick enough cloud to not be able to see through. I can't hardly smoke somebody out now. Not saying that that's a bad thing. Just my experience with the TST.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:17 PM

Bigblue,
i have to agree with you on having far less smoke with the TST. With my comp, smoke was unreal, to the point that some time it was embarassing. With the comp, even when i was not trying to roll the coal, it would and who knows what the people behind me were saying or thinking . My buddies were like, man this new box is awesome, but i miss all the smoke. I miss it to sometimes, but i rather have the increase in perfromance rather then the black gold.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD2001
Bigblue,
i have to agree with you on having far less smoke with the TST. With my comp, smoke was unreal, to the point that some time it was embarassing. With the comp, even when i was not trying to roll the coal, it would and who knows what the people behind me were saying or thinking . My buddies were like, man this new box is awesome, but i miss all the smoke. I miss it to sometimes, but i rather have the increase in perfromance rather then the black gold.
I'm like you. Yes the smoke was fun but it got old dang quick and I was tired of driving around it. The TST will still put out a decent little puff but it's so much lighter and shorter than the comp. Now with the smarty it's a different story. Very difficult to control the smoke but well worth the effort.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned

i to have to agree. i still have a STEADY stream and i mean STEADY, hardly clears if any ONLY becuaes of my little turbo. but i do agree i have LOTS less smoke OFF the line but the stream of smoke after the turbo has lit has a little more. man i love this new box.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:30 PM

Are you using the timing from the smarty? I have an older style MAD ECM with no timing and the smoke is still not that bad, i dont know, maybe the timing of the smarty is more agressive then the comps timing.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Banned

i have not timing right now, i just have the TST installed. might hook up my DRAG comp in EZ mode for a little timing, either that or sell it and get a smarty now.