Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)

Well all i can say is dang this box fuels extremely hard, i had heard talk about how hard it fuels and thought people were just over exagerating, but they are not. Levels 1 and 2 are nothing special, but once you get into levels three and up, hold on. This box seems to fuel twice as hard on level 5 then the comp did on 5x5. I thought i was on level 9 and then looked at the adjuster and it was only on level 6. I have not even tried level 9 yet cause i was amazed at just what level 6 was. Smoke seems to be down compared to the Drag comp.
One question, is the Boost light supposed to be on all the time. It just glows even when the truck is in the start position(not running) and the box is turned off? From what i read in the instructions this seems to be correct, but i just wanted to make sure i understood them right. I have no codes and No CEL I want to get to the dyno and see if there are any improvements.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM

Yup, boost light on the remote should be on all the time.

Randy
Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 PM

yeah, that what i thought, but i just wanted to make sure it was right, thanks for the reply
Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

Yup. I lost a LOT of smoke and picked up some wicked fueling. I gained 200* in EGT's and almost 10psi of boost just by switching from the comp to the TST (smarty turned off). The TST is just one NASTY box and I don't even have the comp version.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:06 PM

yeah that box is pretty sick, i was shocked by how it preformed, have not even been to level 9 yet. I should have gotten this box along time ago
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

so truthfullly, do you think your truck is faster with the TST or the DRAG comp? becuase i called TST today and they said the TST comp box will put out around 60hp more to the ground than the DRAG comp does. and if this is so then i am buying one tomorrow and will just sell my DRAG comp. have you tried to stack them both yet with the DRAG in EZ mode?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 PM

is the TST Comp box your talking about the powermax?

Trending Topics

Old 07-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

i think they are the same thing. its called a TST powermax 3 comp box. so yes its a powermax
Old 08-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned

so truthfullly, do you think your truck is faster with the TST or the DRAG comp? becuase i called TST today and they said the TST comp box will put out around 60hp more to the ground than the DRAG comp does. and if this is so then i am buying one tomorrow and will just sell my DRAG comp. have you tried to stack them both yet with the DRAG in EZ mode?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 PM

The edge drag comp box is in EZ mode right now stacked with the TST powermax Comp box. The truck deffinetly feels a lot quicker and a lot stronger with this combo then just the Drag Comp box. There seems to be less smoke as well. SOP feeling is that this combo seems to be quicker and make better power then just the Edge Drag comp alone. I dont know what these TST Comp boxes sell for, so i would not want you to buy one untill i had some numbers to to back it up. The only reason i have the TST box is that i traded parts for it. I do have to say that this box
Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned

ok what about the boxes alone. the DRAG comp compared to the TST comp. no stack just one at a time. is the TSTcomp SOP feeling faster or around the same as the DRAG comp?i hate to tell you but you are my test to see if i am going to either get one to stack with my DRAG or sell my DRAG and just get a TSTcomp
Old 08-01-2006, 05:53 PM

not sure about the tst comp, but the regular tst doesn't have much low end, thats part of what makes it such a good stack with the smarty

Randy
Old 08-01-2006, 05:56 PM

I would still say that the TST makes better power alone then just the Edge Drag comp would. I did a little bit of testing last night, only one run with just the TST box on and that is all, and with just that box, she still set me back in the seat more so then the Drag Comp did on 5x5. I think that you will be impressed with the TST comp box, i now i was when i tried it out last night, i had been running the Edge Drag Comp for over a year now, and to be honest i was not really expecting much of a difference between the two boxes, but i was wrong. I know it might sound like i am over exagerating, but i am not. Is there anyone you know that has one?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

no the only time i have ever heard about the TST box is on this website. before i joined this site(like 4 montsh ago) i have never heard of it. so i dont no any one that has one but i just placed an ad in the classifieds to sell my DRAG comp, and i am going to get a TST comp. whats it going to hurt, i am in a win win situation. i know the TST does not have LESS power than the DRAG comp so the worst i could do is switch and it be about the same. i might even keep my DRAG comp and buy the TST and see which one i like better.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM

From the little bit that i have used my truck with the TST on it, i like the TST way better. I will probably hold on to my Drag Comp just in case at any point either one crap out on me and i send it back to get fixed i wont be with out any type of box

Quick Reply: Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)