Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

juicin up a girl's cummins! need advise

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh gotcha, see that means different things from for different vehicles. y afor sure injectors, whats the reputation around here for industrialinjection's injectors. they are only a short drive from my house
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by big power
oh gotcha, see that means different things from for different vehicles. y afor sure injectors, whats the reputation around here for industrialinjection's injectors. they are only a short drive from my house
humm, ive never ran them. But if they can make that good of a turbo id sure run their injectors! they just didnt make em big enough for me
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 PM

ya when ever she decides too i want to put their turbo on her truck
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

If she had a 13 sec d-max why give it up? I mean i love my cummins but if i had already spent the money to make a truck run 13's i dont think i'd be dying to get rid of it. As for the mods....i would just wait until i got the money. To me it makes no sense to buy, say an ez, and then have to replace it within a year. I know driving a stock truck sucks but just save the money and do it right. Now if she had a 12v there would be plenty of cheap tricks....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 AM

Check the codes before she buys the truck and/or check the fuel pressure. Search around here to find what codes you don't want to see.
Then go get her the Walbro fuel pump that replaces the stock LP. Maybe even a big line kit to support all the HP she wants.
Like they say, build it right not twice. The FP issue is not to be ignored.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

BigBlue has -8 line and a holley blue and it works pretty good, getting the larger line and removing all of the banjo fittings makes a world of difference. I belive EGaskamp has the vulcan kit with the factory LP on the frame and also has pretty good results. I know if i was overvalved i'd have a fass with -8 line.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cam73
Then go get her the Walbro fuel pump that replaces the stock LP. Maybe even a big line kit to support all the HP she wants.
I'd recommend a big line kit like Vulcans regardless of HP goals. IMO once you get over 300 hp the factory lines/banjo fittings just aren't big enough for comfortable fuel pressures at WOT.

Right now I'm running a vulcan big line kit with the stock pump on the frame. 14-15 psi under normal conditions, 10 psi at WOT.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:16 PM

Im running the Vulcan kit with an areomitive pump and the stock pump noth on the frame by the tank and see 26psi @ idle and havnt seen lower than 18psi @ WOT

Jamie
Old 12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Muted User

If the girl loves her truck, tell her to take the wrench from you and get underneath the hood of that bad boy herself. (Yeah, I'm a girlie, so I can say it..)

Couple things:
Tell her another gal with a Cummins said to do some research herself and figure out what she wants to do with the truck. If she had a 13 sec. D-max, maybe she's a racer, but alot of what we all do is based on an end goal. Plus, trusting boys to fix your truck is bad news (kiddddddding....kinda ;-)

#2: Ditch the silencer ring in the turbo for some extra whistle and throw on a BHAF. (Picture Below...Note: I have a D-plate heat shield I've since made that is a big improvement.) PM me if ya want a part # and I'll go look....

#3: Like you said, guages are key...After that, exhaust (and just hackin' a muffler will give her a whole lot of noise 'til she can afford more) From there, I went box/injectors. Alot of times, if she cruises sites like these, you can get killer deals on some used parts. As for injectors, I just swapped in a set of 120's from New Era and only paid $480, for an increase in performance I'm stoooooked on. Based off that, she'll kill a tranny if it's an auto

Good Luck,
Nat
Old 12-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Wow....Theres a chick on here named Nat? The same name as my girl...... and shes got a moon rooff.......wow Okay im outa dream land
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM

thanks dirty blonde, trust me she'll be gittin dirty cause im not gonna do it all. trust me i know my way around a vehicle and she knows it. ive built both of mine so im no newbie, just to the cummins, for now that is. if you wouldnt mind i would like that part number for the air cleaner. im also gonna look into these lift pumps for her, she wants big time power while still having daily drivability but money controls most. her plan is to have it runnin strong by this spring for racing.

shes baught the truck from her dad so its in good shape and he knows all the history, its a stick btw. she used to have a bad *** d-max but lost it in a divorce.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Ouch!!!! Divorce....hey if she deserved the truck.....and he was a dirty slob... i can see that! Check with www.powerbypoole.com he's got some great prices and small things to get ready for more power!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

Wow that sucks! I'd ki.....well I'd do bad things to that guy! Anywho, I'm glad she has the new truck and I'm sure she will have great times with it. Money is definately the limiting factor on these things though! But, I would definately wait and build it right once. The manual is going to hold her back if she is going for speed, not that they can't be fast, just takes alot more effort. So, get a good fuel system, intake, exhaust, turbo (or turbo's), and personally, for fuel, I like the Smarty/TST PM3 stack.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Oh and a clutch! Southbend is excellent! If you were in TX i would definatley recommend a place in Waco. A buddy of mine had his built by them and it is a nice piece so far. I won't say who because i think there is a rule against it but if you PM me i'll tell you. They drilled the flywheel out and put in a roller bearing, the pressure plate has 1200 ft lbs more clamping force, and the disc has organic/ferramic on it. Also he says he uses a "big truck center" for the disc. I don't know exactly what he means but just telling yall what was told to me. Also it is the factory size, not a 13" conversion, but he swears it won't rip out the center. So far he is right...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 PM

i have heard of the tst and the huge low end gains from it but who makes the smarty?

Quick Reply: juicin up a girl's cummins! need advise