Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

jammer nozzles vs jammer injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jammer nozzles vs jammer injectors

Okay, I'm going to end up getting one or the other..I'm thinking 150 hp nozzles instead of the injectors due to price...I was just wondering if i should go ahead and buy the injectors instead...opinions?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:30 AM

The injectors will be pop tested to flow correct the nozzles are supossed to be pop tested by the purchaser(by taking to an injection shop). Most people that get the nozzles dont pop test them and they work perfect. If you not looking to spend the money on a real good injector then just get the nozzles and lap them in. I had jammers 150s for about 2 months and they were awesome for the price but smokey as heck. I now have old mach5s from my cousin and they are smokey as heck x2 compared to his mach6s but they make more power than the jammers x2 in the seat dyno. But jammmers are the cheap way for good power if your not goin crazy.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by dieselrob
The injectors will be pop tested to flow correct the nozzles are supossed to be pop tested by the purchaser(by taking to an injection shop). Most people that get the nozzles dont pop test them and they work perfect. If you not looking to spend the money on a real good injector then just get the nozzles and lap them in. I had jammers 150s for about 2 months and they were awesome for the price but smokey as heck. I now have old mach5s from my cousin and they are smokey as heck x2 compared to his mach6s but they make more power than the jammers x2 in the seat dyno. But jammmers are the cheap way for good power if your not goin crazy.
haha yeah, I just need a little more power. Smoke is actually a plus for me because I live in a small town, no one is going to ticket me for smoking, plus all of the girls that are upperclassmen love it when we smoke our trucks .

Last edited by xOmertAx; 02-17-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-17-2007, 12:39 AM

You will deffinately need a clutch upgrade too if you get the jammers. Also to get full power of them you will need a bigger turbo than the hx35. I couldnt run my edge comp on any setting higher than 1x5 with out having issues(surging, pegging 40lb boost gauge, high fuel consumption). You dont want your hx 35 to go over 35-38lbs of boost. It will fail sooner or later.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by dieselrob
You will deffinately need a clutch upgrade too if you get the jammers. Also to get full power of them you will need a bigger turbo than the hx35. I couldnt run my edge comp on any setting higher than 1x5 with out having issues(surging, pegging 40lb boost gauge, high fuel consumption). You dont want your hx 35 to go over 35-38lbs of boost. It will fail sooner or later.
yeah I will probably turn my juice down or off until I get a SB clutch
Old 02-17-2007, 12:52 AM

I found turning the box off it runs like a slug kinda. The lowest setting on the box 1x1 is good because you still have the timing advance. That helps out a ton. 1x5 was the hardest pulling setting with a stock turbo for me but 1x1 was the best daily driveing and mpg then.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by xOmertAx
haha yeah, I just need a little more power. Smoke is actually a plus for me because I live in a small town, no one is going to ticked me for smoking, plus all of the girls that are upperclassmen love it when we smoke our trucks .
If you are blowing smoke ( which we all want from time to time for spite sake) are you getting all the power your pick em up has to offer?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:01 AM

Do they really or do you just want to think that they do? What town?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:07 AM

Rocky5.9 The answer is no! If it is smoking you have lots of extra fuel to burn. You need more air. Set the boost on your HX35 to 36psi and if thats not enough then you need a turbo that will supply more air. Good cold air intake will help to.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone dyno tested edge nozzles before? I hear they are kinda weak!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Anyone dyno tested edge nozzles before? I hear they are kinda weak!
Yes plenty have dynoed with them. some where a little shy and some were right on. Just get them, its not enough to justify not getting them
Old 02-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Hey diesel fan, do you tow with those Jammer 3's? What kind of egt's? I want to run 4's but don't think I can do my occasional 5K tow with 4's and my stock turbo.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Hey diesel fan, do you tow with those Jammer 3's? What kind of egt's? I want to run 4's but don't think I can do my occasional 5K tow with 4's and my stock turbo.

i dont tow. but you have the bigger exhaust housing so you should be fine with the 4's.
with the smarty and the 3's the most i can get out of it is 1250 degrees @ WOT. get the 4's.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 PM

I just talked a local shop owner who previously worked for HTT for 20 years. He said that 99% of the time when they flow test a set of edge nozzles, they vary from 35 lpm to 5 liters per minute in the same set of 5's. He said that equates to basically a mix between 1's and 6's in the same set. He usually has to buy ten sets just to make one matched set within 3% of flow match. He still sells the other nozzle's but he said that he regrades them as 1's through 5's based upon flow. A real 150 HP nozzle should flow 30 liters per minute. And they get some as high as 35 lpm which equates to 175 HP. That is why jammer nozzles idle so rough. When he matches a set, they run pretty good he said. After our two hour discussion on turbo upgrading and towing with injectors, i opted to buy some rv 300 hp injectors for a steal of a deal on ebay, 262 $ shipped. Oh, I will never buy an extrude honed injector either... PM me and I'll tell you about that.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm originally from Spokane, WA... That is where 90 percent of the diesel fuel injectors are honed, in one single manufacturing plant there. Ask Don, the guys at dynomite diesel, BD, Bully Dog, they all ship out to the same plant to get their injectors honed. Interesting to note, however, CAT and Cummins, and Bosch do not hone their injectors.

Quick Reply: jammer nozzles vs jammer injectors