Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

jacobs brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:jacobs brake

Any NAPA or truck supply store will be able to get you a DP switch.<br>george
Old 11-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine at NAPA. Here is what it looks like installed.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Here is how I mounted the Jake master switch. I just bought a small Radio Shack project box, cut the end out to fit the switch, and mounted it to the cubby hole pull out with two wire ties. Works for me.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:38 PM

thanks these are all great ideas and as soon as im done ill post my pics to show you how it turned out<br>thanks again.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:21 PM

[quote author=JHansen link=board=7;threadid=6611;start=0#63374 date=1036678549]<br>Pacbrake has a sweet shifter mounted switch out now-saw a pic over on TDR. Seems to me that Rod told me he can get Pacbrake stuff now-hey there PushRod if you're lurking around this thread let us know what that way-cool switch is worth!<br><br>Jason<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>FYI!<br><br>I have been on the phone about two hours today trying to get info on the shifter mounted switches. Here's what I found out. The BD switch is nothing more than the NAPA switch with a mounting bracket included. The PacBrake switch includes a really cool indicator light showing the brake is active. The PacBrake part number of the switch is C18041. None of the distributors know about this yet as it is brand new from PacBrake. I have been dealing with Direct Injection Performance Products at 866-468-4008.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:30 PM

I went to Pep Boys and bought a simple inexpensive rocker swith, mounted to peice of flat bar aluminum and mounted to gear shift. Drilled hole in aluminum to go on gear shift shaft under the shift **** ( say that fast 3 times after trying to type it). I bought a lighted rocker swith (red). Works great and cost about 4 dollars. Took about 20 minutes to install.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:07 PM

I too installed my exhaust brake from Dodge. I use it all the time.<br> I don't know if you have a 2 low kit yet but that is even handier to have. It sure makes it easy to back into a camp site or to back the GN into the barn.<br><br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 11-12-2002, 03:18 PM

I ordered a shift switch kit today from out west and it should be here thursday.<br>how about the 2 low any more info on that?<br>is that splitting the trans?<br>thanks again to eveyone for their research and time.<br>Durst<br>
Old 11-12-2002, 05:41 PM

Just curious about the two low thing. I've heard several people talk about this mod. Why not just use 4low for backing your trailer in or whatever? Or is that bad? Am I missing something?? ???
Old 11-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Administrator

The two low system basically keeps the vacuum cylinder on the front axle from engaging the front axle into four wheel drive when you shift to four low. This could put extra strain on the rear axle and needs to be used accordingly. If used accordingly, it is a very good system and much better than slipping your clutch.

I use four wheel low when backing the loaded trailer but with a lot of turning, this can cause more stress on the drive line and can make it hard to disengage after while. It is definately a worthwhile system if you do a lot of backing with big loads.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:56 PM

;D great, is this something i can do myself order it somewhere or homemade?<br>sounds really interesting and would like to learn more.<br>also have to say .... man i love that brake! what a great investment and i do not feel like i am abusing the brakes anymore.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Told ya you would love that brake.

There is a kit somewhere for that two low set up and it is not that expensive. Definately something you can do yourself. Bout 75 smackers if I remember right. I will look for it and someone probably knows already.

SmuRF, do you know where it is?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:26 AM

Two questions:<br><br>Where is the best place to buy this brake?<br><br>If I wire in a shifter mounted toggle switch as described in this thread, will it be instant on, instant off as I switch it in and out (well, subject to its time to close and open)?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Tad
Old 11-16-2002, 08:17 AM

Two questions:

Where is the best place to buy this brake?

If I wire in a shifter mounted toggle switch as described in this thread, will it be instant on, instant off as I switch it in and out (well, subject to its time to close and open)?

Thanks,
Tad

it will be the same as if you have the stock switch on. the way i understand it is that it has the delay to sense that the feul has stoped.
i ordered mine from the ***********.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:20 AM

well i got the shift switch yeaterday (new 2003 pac brake w/ green led)<br>im not to hip on it so i am going to sell it and get something else <br>if interested ill post it in the sell section

Quick Reply: jacobs brake