Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

jacobs brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jacobs brake

well i have my new exhaust brake ??? in hand and will try to complete the install on WED. has anyone else done this or have any pointers for me so i do not hose it up?
Old 11-04-2002, 11:07 PM

Re:jacobs brake

Did mine a year ago so the memories are pretty faint-but as I recall it was really an easy job. Hardest part is the switch install in the cab if you follow their directions-I didn't like where they wanted it so I modified the instructions to my liking . Other than that it was pretty straightforward-the instructions in the kit are pretty good and the kit is well thought out. Hopefully someone who has installed one more recently than me can give you more specific advice.<br><br>Jason<br>
Old 11-05-2002, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing to do is like I did, set down and read the instructions and look under the hood to make sure you know where everything is before you start. I read them for about three days before I started to make sure I was doing it like they wanted. Hardest part to me was getting the zero fuel wire tied into the computer. You have to pull the plug off the side of the computer and remove a little plastic plug to insert the wire. I mounted the rocker switch in a Radio Scraps plastic box and mounted the whole thing in the little cubby hole on my 99. Then added a two speed rear end switch on the gear shift to turn it off nad on when not needed at lights and stuff. If you got the Jacobs, the directions were excellent and very straight forward. Can't speak for any of the others. I have some pics somewhere if interested and I think CH had posted them once before if he can rememebr where they are. If you want the pics I have, PM me with your e-mail and I will send them to you.<br><br>Read the instructions, take your time, and do it right. This is an accessorie you will use and enjoy.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:29 AM

I have the automatic switch installed supplied by Jacobs. Later added a manual momentary pushbutton switch on the gearshift, the manual switch is the only switch I use now (I decide when its on/off). Though the automatic switch will come in handy to help with cold weather idle time warm-up.<br> ;D
Old 11-06-2002, 09:20 AM

thanks for all the tips just finished up and works great!
took about 3 hours and i put my switch somewhere else also. 30 k for a truck i am not going to screw up the dash.
does anyone know where i can get the shift switch for the new 03 dodge looks cool and i agree it needs to be operated by hand.
thanks
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 PM

I have talked to Cummins, Dodge and Jacobs. Nobody knows anything about the shifter switch. You might want to contact BD. They offer a shifter switch option for their brake.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:03 PM

funny how we have seen it but no one knows where to get it if i was a dealer it would be on my shelf.<br>BD do they have a web sight?<br>thanks for the info<br>
Old 11-06-2002, 09:07 PM

ok found DB web site but there is no picture of it :'( anyone have it on their truck?<br>
Old 11-06-2002, 10:19 PM

I've got the shifter switch on mine. I love it and use it all the time. It is the same switch that is used for a 2-speed rear end in the medium duty trucks.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:15 AM

Pacbrake has a sweet shifter mounted switch out now-saw a pic over on TDR. Seems to me that Rod told me he can get Pacbrake stuff now-hey there PushRod if you're lurking around this thread let us know what that way-cool switch is worth!<br><br>Jason<br>
Old 11-07-2002, 10:12 AM

This is my solution for a gearshift manual pushbutton switch.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:15 AM

I agree with pilotmdrust, about cutting a hole in the dash to mount a switch. This was my method to mount the Jacobs supplied automatic switch and pre/post turbo EGT switch.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always go with the two speed rear end switch like I installed. Looks pretty cool and works well. If you want a pic, send me a Pm and I will send you one when I get home this evening.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:33 PM

Where can we find the two-speed rear end switch?

Quick Reply: jacobs brake