Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

It's tranny time ATS vs Goerend

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend all the way the guy even call me from his house after work and left me his personal home phone number if i had questions you cant beat the price and service

kiley
Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM

ATS, three year 150000 mile warranty. If their main shop in Arvada installs it then they cover all cost both troubleshooting and repair if you have issues. I know guys here love to vilify and bag on ATS, but I love mine and have had no problems, unless I load Smarty and she starts hunting in third gear lockup at times. No matter what guys say, Goerend may ge great but they are not perfect and they're not 60 miles away from you. Go ATS and enyoy a great trans and the best T/C IMHO.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM

i went with the close guy when i was lookin because he was close and had a warranty and all that. I have had the truck back 4 times in a year. and really all i saved was shipping. Go goerend. you wont be dissapointed. go to a truck pull ats shows up and half of thier trucks are out with tranny problems
Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

Does dave take Kinz Cash? My daughter has saved up almost 2000 on her Webkinz site for my VB & TC.

Go with Dave and be done with it.

Damon
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM

Some of the people I've talked to said the fluid coupling didn't feel very good in their ATS converters and they had switched companys
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 PM

goerend i'm putting his conveter in friday night and have all faith in daves work and him standing behind his work, and i heard ats's support is not great as where i have heard dave will send you another converter fro just the frieght. i'm going with goerend.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:09 PM

goerend lifetime warranty even if tranny fails with his converter in the truck
Old 02-14-2008, 09:32 PM

goerends isnt gold,,,,,,,,all the warranty isnt squat if you cant remove and rebuild it yourself.check shipping charges for a complete tranny,,whew!!that gets ugly!!........there are plenty of folks that love ats,,,if they were 60 miles from me,id go with them!........remember,goerends hasnt been around here for much time,,give them as many years as ats,suncoast,and dtt have,and youll hear some different opinions on him then.....not knocking dave,just stating fact......bama
Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 AM

All that aside Dude Dave is with out a doubt the best Guy that I have had the plesure to work with! I built my own tans with Daves parts and the guy told me if I ran into trouble just to give him a call. That to me is the kind of service that would keep me comming back.........
Old 02-15-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My usual advice is to buy a complete tranny ENGINEERED FOR YOUR APPLICATION because all the parts will be compatible. Closer location is better.

The thousands of ATS transmission owners out there don't say much, they just keep truckin' and enjoying their transmissions. You will hear a lot of "I heard this" and "someone's friend said" and "some of the people I've talked to" about ATS but this is undocumented third hand information from people who don't know the facts and have never used one, just ignore these people. ATS is as well respected as any tranny rebuilder, and highly respected in the high performance sector for both transmissions and engines.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 PM

HTS .....HTS......HTS....HTS.....HTS......HTS.....HTS
Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 PM

I have a Goerand tranny, I don't have enough time or power on it yet, but I will say that customer support is the best I've encountered. Have had no trouble at all with it so far.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:42 AM
AJ2

Hi, Just had a Goerend installed a few weeks back. I was stunned at the difference from the maple leaf I run before.(I realized, the shop that installed the prior, must have cut corners, and I still got 380000miles out of it)
I actually had an ATS dealer install my trans. I saw trucks from 1000 miles away getting their "stuff" installed. I think both,or actually ANY of the aftermarket transmissions are good. It all comes down to install skill and adjustments. If you are to do-it-yourself, get a complete trans that you do not have to open at all. In my case,just to mention one point, the rpm @ 70 dropped from 2k+ to 1850, my mpg's increased and it feels like another 150 hp
under the hood.(yes the prior was slipping that bad)
Just rememer one thing. The install is not just the mechanical part , there is quite a bit of electronic tweaking needed. In my case, they had to take the
APPS signal direct to the PCM,bypassing the ECM, which eliminated hunting AND cut back on the smoke significantly AND put the power to the ground(rather than out the tail pipe)
Can you tell I'm stoked ?
aj
Old 02-16-2008, 04:59 PM

HTS all the way,I love mine and would reccommend anyone to Dusty give him a call and talk to him you might be suprised!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:41 PM

If you are capable of rebuilding a trans yourself then you definetly should be capable of adjusting it. Honestly there really is not a lot of mystery to a transmission like some would make you think. Build it right with the right parts (Goerand) install right and you will be very happy that you did so...

Quick Reply: It's tranny time ATS vs Goerend