Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

IssPro Gauges-what accessories to order?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IssPro Gauges-what accessories to order?

I have settled on the IssPro gauges, but am at a loss as to what accessories that I need to order for the mechanic that is doing the install. I'm ordering directly from the Isspro.com website.

This install is for the A Pillor on a 2001, 6speed manual, HO, non-modified, long bed.

1. I've selected the R3607R Pyro.
Which T-couple should I order? What other accessories do I need: weld bushing? fiberglass sleeve? 1/8" or 1/4" brass fitting? How many feet of lead wire to run it to the A-pillar will be sufficient?

2. I've selected the R5604R Fuel Pressure gauge (0-30 PSI). Other gauges come with pressure tubing. Do I need to order some, or can I get it at the local NAPA store (the only parts store in town, besides implement dealers)? What size and how many feet of hose do I need? I will evidently need a needle valve (what size?) . Anyone have source? NAPA, Grainger?

3. I've chosen the R5613R Turbo Boost gauge. It says I need a pressure tubing kit. Can I get this at NAPA? If so, what do I ask for (size) and how many feet?

Are there any other connectors/adaptor nuts/bushings/couplings/tees/plugs, etc that I will need for the install?

Thanks,
Monte
Old 03-31-2005, 04:24 PM

Just my opinion, but you can probably get a better deal on the entire package and get all the extras required if you shop at a reputable vendor such as those that advertise here or on the TDR. They will take the worry out of it and provide you with everything you need - including the all important TIPS, etc. That's what I did. And I started a relationship with my vendor that has been helpful later on.

There are many good vendors out there. I went with ADT (Doug) at SmokinDiesel and have been very happy. He is on vacation this week, however. He even painted my new a-pillar 3-gauge to match prior to shipping so my install was even more straight forward.

Steve
Old 03-31-2005, 05:39 PM

I bought the Isspro gauges you are looking at from dieselmanor.com they had all the tubing, t-couple, lead wire, the whole shebang. the only thing I bought was a 1/8npt needle valve, and a pipe tap for mounting the t-couple in the manifold. you can go look at the kits they offer and it will take the guesswork out of it for you. in my case a 6' lead wire was at least 2' longer then I needed, I am pillar mounted.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by CORed
Just my opinion, but you can probably get a better deal on the entire package and get all the extras required if you shop at a reputable vendor such as those that advertise here or on the TDR. They will take the worry out of it and provide you with everything you need - including the all important TIPS, etc. That's what I did. And I started a relationship with my vendor that has been helpful later on.

Ya. Getting them through Isspro is considerably more expensive.

I bought all of my gauges from www.dieselpage.com They have great customer service.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 AM

Thanks, everyone for the input.
I took the advice of many listers and ordered the whole "mess" from one vendor, not isspro. I used dieselmanor.com. With most everything I needed and FP, Turbo, and pyro it came to about $300 total.
Monte