Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

intank LP + ? for higher fuel press

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intank LP + ? for higher fuel press

Got the new intank lift pump but the numbers are not so great what can I add for more pressure a Carter? Bigger fuel lines ? My VP44 is on it last legs and I dont want to replace it untill fuel pressure is higher. I guess what I am asking can I add a Carter or some type of pump to the intank set up and get away cheap I really dont want to spend the bucks for a FASS. A Edge EZ is in my future whos got any good ideas for my set up.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
From what I have seen and heard so far, the in-tank LP conversion from DC is less than spectacular when it comes to performance. Adding what in this case would amount to a "puller" pump to the system would improve pressures drastically. A simple fix for now would be to add the block mounted Carter back into the system.....that should get you some high fuel pressure and would be a simple install.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed mine Wednesday. Before I could pull the stock LP down to 0 at less than 50% throttle. Now I can just about hit 0 maybe .5psi? at WOT. Its been about 3months since I have been able to goto WOT As I type this, I'm searching for another carter pump. Since my orginal is shot no use in putting that one back in. I have about 8psi at idle, so hoping the intank will be enough to feed a frame mounted pump. I'm gonna keep the bypass block and everything, just gonna do a frame mounted pump in series as well. Hope this works, when I get the MAD, I'm pretty sure the intank wont be enough flow. I'm trying to find a intank pump, cause then I'll BOMB the fuel module. BTW anyone know if it will be bad if I move the return and point it somewhere else other than at the fuel pump suction? wanna keep fuel temps to the VP down......