Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

intalling EEP DD clutch-modifications???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intalling EEP DD clutch-modifications???

ive heard there are some slight modifications that need to be made to install a DD clutch from EEP. does anyone have any more info on this?

im trying to decide if ill go ahead and install the EEP, or if i should sell it and buy myself a SBC. i know that SBC is an amazing product, but i already have the EEP, and peter just rebuilt it to new condition, with linings, as well as a floater plate, and hubs etc.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:45 PM

Call EEP and ask them to fax you the instructions.. You'll need them... If its been installed.. and adjusted once.. than the adjusting bolts have already been ground down... (this is to miss the fork.) You will have to adjust hieght of the fingers on the clutch.. ( 9/16th from the outside of the pressure plate.. Instructions show you how to dos this..) You will also have to remove the washer from under the clutch fork pivot.. and you might have to grind down the mount for the pivot.. (but normally just removing the washer is enough.) Can't mremember anyother things that have to be modified... The other thing is the little washers on the mounting for the stops of the floater are used a balancing weights.. do not remove them.. (if they are still on the flywheel) They are not maked on where they are supposed to go..
Bryan
Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 PM

Sounds like a PIA,... as if handling a nv5600 wasn't enough of a handful
Old 06-16-2006, 01:53 AM

Sounds like you've already made up your mind!!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Banned

i guess im going to go ahead with the EEP as i already have it. ill call them today or monday and get the instructions sent out to me, so i can hopefully get it put in next week
Old 06-16-2006, 08:02 AM

I thought you were selling the EEP? I think I saw an ad for it. What does the EEP not do for the reason you were considering the SBC.

Ph4tty, what SBC DD did you put in? I'm thinking I didn't do enough clutch when I did mine.....underestimated the horsepower bug....... .....talked to Peter yesterday. He suggested the SBC DD 3600 street comp 12 button. Good for light sled pulling but I'm guessing it will be fine for drag racing too. The 6 button is recommended for drag racing, but he said the 12 would pull my trailer better. The 3600 is good for 650 hp.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned

i wanted to sell the EEP for a SBC, but im not really getting any interest in it. i didnt wanna have to make the mods to install the EEP at first and due to other family related issues i dont have the money to get the SBC i wanted now. so im just gonna go ahead and keep the EEP and install it next week.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Ph4tty, what SBC DD did you put in? I'm thinking I didn't do enough clutch when I did mine.....underestimated the horsepower bug....... .....talked to Peter yesterday. He suggested the SBC DD 3600 street comp 12 button. Good for light sled pulling but I'm guessing it will be fine for drag racing too. The 6 button is recommended for drag racing, but he said the 12 would pull my trailer better. The 3600 is good for 650 hp.
I've got Rick D's old clutch- the exact same one you're looking at.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:30 AM

How much different is the EEP vs. the SBC?

Since Peter installed one of his floater plates I would think that you should be alright for the known EEP floater plate issue with your EEP clutch.

Does it have an inserted flywheel? and do you know the plate load?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

dont know the plate load or if its an inserted flywheel...i do know that its getting a new floater, but its an EEP floater because peter's design has a much thicker floater, and he cant cahnge the design of the clutch itself. unfortunately i couldnt swap in a thicker plater like i had hoped
Old 06-16-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
I've got Rick D's old clutch- the exact same one you're looking at.
Ok, I've ridden behind your clutch then . I got to ride in Rick D's truck after putting in my OFE. How do you like it? Can you shift through the gear box decently or does it make it harder/stiffer shifting? Sounds like it has a slightly heavier petal feel, is is very noticible. I know the clutch got easier with my OFE vs stock. Don't you have a 5 speed? I think everything is exaggerated by the 6 speed I have as it is notchy and stiff anyway.
Sorry, hope I'm not hijacking this too bad. Just seemed to be a parallel topic.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

ph4tty is a 6spd, i wish i coulda got a ride in his truck at the spring dyno day...im sure its a beast
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
ph4tty is a 6spd, i wish i coulda got a ride in his truck at the spring dyno day...im sure its a beast
Ok, cool. For some reason I was thinking he had a SO. Makes since though that he has an HO though since he has an HRVP.

Getblown, let me know how you like the EEP when you get it in. Dangit, I hate spending money twice, but I guess I need a DD. At least I've got a good OFE (only a few months old) that I can sell after I get it out.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Ok, I've ridden behind your clutch then . I got to ride in Rick D's truck after putting in my OFE. How do you like it? Can you shift through the gear box decently or does it make it harder/stiffer shifting?
It can be a real PIA to get it in gear from neutral The even gears shift nicely and the odd gears seem to like a few extra rpms to shift smoothly and quickly. Third gear launches rock I like being able to feather the clutch through a corner instead of dropping a gear. I did have to upgrade my hydraulics cuz they wouldn't hold the clutch disengaged after two or three weeks.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:35 PM

Ok, cool. For some reason I was thinking he had a SO. Makes since though that he has an HO though since he has an HRVP.
Did you miss my 'Pimp my HO' thread?