Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installing Edge... Where is the Data Link Connector???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Edge... Where is the Data Link Connector???

Hello

I apologize for the haste in this message, but I cannot find where the data link connection is for a Edge Juice w/Attitude setup for my 2002 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins.

The instruction's read "2000-2002 the three pronged flat connector is located on top of the fuel lift pump that is located on the drivers side of the engine directly below the map sensor. Note: on some 2001 trucks the connector is located on the drivers side of the engine in the wiring harness near the power steering pump."

I looked, over and over again......... where is this connection?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in regard to this matter. I will try to finish the install tomorrow morning.

Appreciate your help!

Joe

post edited by Admin Shovelhead

Forum Rules
You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:09 PM

it's just hangin there with a cover on it, right by the power steering pump. it's not plugged into anything iirc
Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 PM

I will check again tomorrow, but I could'nt find anything that resembled the connector.

Where can I trace the connector to? Let's say I had the connector in my hand, where would it lead? I'm trying to give myself a road map so I could find it tomorrow.

Does anyone have any close up picture?

Sorry to be a pest, but this has me stumped.

Joe
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should be just hanging with a cover, kinda behind the power steering pump and below the fuel filter...
Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 AM

It is not very far from were the ECM is stuck to the block. Flat three pronged connector just hanging there with a cover on it, Black,kinda to the rear of the fuel filter housing and down. You'll say "DOH!" when you find it.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Yep, its back down there by the PS pump underneath the filter housing. I found it by accident when I pulled my PS and vacuum pump. I ran across it and thought, 'what the heck is this for'. LOL.

And don't worry ChicagoSnow (Joe), you aren't being a pest.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Well Gentleman............. SUCCESS!!

The Edge Attitude w/Juice installation went well, only, and I repeat ONLY in part to the help received from this forum. Thank you!

I'm telling you, if a guy like me can do this install just imagine what this entire forum is capable of. There is a lot of talent here and it really is quite amazing.

Once again thank you for your help and have a good day!

Joe

By the way....... I have 15-16 fuel psi at idle. Not bad? This is one of the reason's I purchased this equipment. I wanted to verify the engine, trans, exhaust, etc. performance of this newly aquired 02 3500. So far so good.

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoSnow
Well Gentleman............. SUCCESS!!

The Edge Attitude w/Juice installation went well, only, and I repeat ONLY in part to the help received from this forum. Thank you!

I'm telling you, if a guy like me can do this install just imagine what this entire forum is capable of. There is a lot of talent here and it really is quite amazing.

Once again thank you for your help and have a good day!

Joe

By the way....... I have 15-16 fuel psi at idle. Not bad? This is one of the reason's I purchased this equipment. I wanted to verify the engine, trans, exhaust, etc. performance of this newly aquired 02 3500. So far so good.

I will be installing the edge juice w/attitude this week. How hard is the pyro gauge install? Was drilling the pipe hard to get to?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:00 PM

No it was not difficult at all.

I just had to wait an additional week for the proper size tap and drill from dieselmanor.com to arrive. I couldnt believe that no local stores had the right size tap. I highly recommend dieselmanor.com........as a side note.

One step that I took was to drill and tap the exhaust manifold before starting the other installation steps. I did this so I could start the engine and move any metal shavings down stream through the exhaust system before dis-connecting the batteries to begin the install. By the way, with the use of cutting oil, you should be able to trap/stick most of the metal shavings when tapping the hole. It worked pretty well. I used compressed air to blow the metal shavings out while drilling the hole, worked out nice!

My method for this install was to read the instruction manual about 5 times to get the best feel of what I was getting into. The edge website has the exact manual on line to either start reviewing earlier or to take advantage of the large color pictures which really helped me along the way.

Also, I did not perform the wire tap step. Let me know if you are doing this and what overall increased performance you realize.

Let me know if I can be of any additional help.

Good luck!

Joe
Old 08-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoSnow
No it was not difficult at all.

I just had to wait an additional week for the proper size tap and drill from dieselmanor.com to arrive. I couldnt believe that no local stores had the right size tap. I highly recommend dieselmanor.com........as a side note.

One step that I took was to drill and tap the exhaust manifold before starting the other installation steps. I did this so I could start the engine and move any metal shavings down stream through the exhaust system before dis-connecting the batteries to begin the install. By the way, with the use of cutting oil, you should be able to trap/stick most of the metal shavings when tapping the hole. It worked pretty well. I used compressed air to blow the metal shavings out while drilling the hole, worked out nice!

My method for this install was to read the instruction manual about 5 times to get the best feel of what I was getting into. The edge website has the exact manual on line to either start reviewing earlier or to take advantage of the large color pictures which really helped me along the way.

Also, I did not perform the wire tap step. Let me know if you are doing this and what overall increased performance you realize.

Let me know if I can be of any additional help.

Good luck!

Joe

Thanks. I won't get my edge until the end of the week, but i will sure let you know.