Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 06:33 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

[quote author=DarrellB link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=0#156300 date=1057274538]<br>What is the best time to call Sheep Boy? I wouldn't want to disturb him and his sheep. <br>[/quote]<br><br> Well, as usual, Wildcat luck strikes again, literally. Its been a bear to get of us this week, as we had a lightning strike on Tuesday morning that took down power, phone and computers. Internet has been hit and miss as well :-(<br><br>Anyway, we do have the -8 stuff in stock, and the results we're seeing are very promising. We've even got a couple 450HP+ guys running with the stocker lift, although I don't think the 5 PSI of pressure that they're getting is quite enough.<br><br>Rod
Old 07-03-2003, 06:49 PM

Hey Rod have you got mine in the mail yet? I need to get those babies on! ;D
Old 07-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put on the hi-flos that Scotty left me, a new lift pump, and a new fuel filter. I'm getting 15 and 9 now. Guess that's as good as it gets. I'm wondering if the -8 kit will improve that? Suppose to install one on Rattlinram's truck this weekend. Guess we'll see there.

BTW, thanks for the hi-flos Scotty and Rod.

PS: I noticed that one of the stock banjo's was about a quarter inch shorter. All of the hi-flos were the same. I gather that is not an issue.

DD4X4
Old 07-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine's done, ;D
Thanks to DD4x4 for the help, actually,,,, he did most of the &quot;grunt, cuss and stand on your head part&quot;. I would relieve him when he started to turn all red in the face and I also got to do the &quot;Lay under the truck and take a bath in diesel fuel&quot; part when I replaced the line from the tank to the lift pump. :
The line from the lift pump to the filter housing could have been just a tad bit longer for my 99 due to the lines going into the top. But removing the filter canister made the job a little easier. I can't remember what the filter housings look like on the 2000 and up trucks, but I know they are different and the line may not need to be as long as they do for a 99. ??? It works, but I may make that line a little longer so it doesn't have to make such a hard bend. I'll see how this one works for now. There is not a whole lot of room on that side of the motor. We also made sure that the braided stainless steel lines were not rubbing against anything as they will saw their way through just about any material like wires and hoses.
After the 20 mile drive home, I checked for leaks and didn't find any! ;D I did notice that my fuel pressure which normally was 14psi @ idle, was now a solid 15psi @ idle. My truck is slam stock (for now}, but I feel this upgrade will definitely make the new lift pump's job a whole lot easier. ;D ,,,,,,,,,, Oh yeah,,,,, they look real cool too! ;D

Again,,,,,, Thanks to Joel (DD4x4) for the install help, and Rod and Scotty from Wildcat Diesel Performance for coming up with this neat product.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:02 AM

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=15#157090 date=1057506170]<br> The line from the lift pump to the filter housing could have been just a tad bit longer for my 99 due to the lines going into the top.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Good to hear that the line kit worked out for you. We've actually started shipping the system with a single 4 foot length of braided line, as we've run into length issues on other trucks. With the myriad of other options that many have installed, we found that our selected routing location would often interfere with other devices. So its now a cut-to-fit system ;D<br><br>Rod
Old 07-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=15#157099 date=1057507377]<br>So its now a cut-to-fit system ;D<br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>That would have been the perfect solution and I actually was considering cutting the long hose and using the left over for the short piece, but we had already installed the pump-to-filter piece and it worked,,,,,, just kind of a bear to get it on. <br> I know that you guys where thinking of the customer out there who doesn't have the ability to cut the braided stainless-steel hose with ease,,,,,, (it can really be a pain to do without the proper tool) but a cut-to-fit will be a much better option. IMO<br> Not to mention,,,,,,,, since I got mine for FREE,,,,,,,,, I ain't complaining! ;D
Old 07-06-2003, 01:04 PM

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=15#157113 date=1057509090]<br> I know that you guys where thinking of the customer out there who doesn't have the ability to cut the braided stainless-steel hose with ease<br>[/quote]<br><br>I can't let this pass, unfortunately. We really weren't thinking of people who couldn't cut the hose, as a very fine tooth hacksaw can be used. When I was putting together the systems, Scotty hadn't given me the measurements, and I didn't have an 02 and under here to do measurements. When I was finally able to track the bald bugger down, he informed me that my 3 foot sections weren't going to be long enough, so I proceeded to cut up some 1 foot sections as well Just happened to work out that they fit the trucks. Guess it truly is better to be lucky than good. <br><br>Rod
Old 07-07-2003, 05:19 PM

I'm Back!!!!!!!!

John
That was a good one. I am planning on going to Youngsville NC (just north of Raleigh on HWY 1) to the Truck and Tractor pull this Saturday. If you care to meet me up there we can see the HP being used. Besides with you pulling your truck it would give me some competition.
That way I can pull my &quot;stock&quot;truck against your &quot;stock&quot;truck.
As far as the TST PM3 goes I still don't know if it is working like it should. I sent an email to TST and... I need to test it at the drag track and see if it turns any better times with the PM3 on. If not then I'll put it on ebay and buy some &quot;things&quot; for Leigh's truck. ;D

Tim
I sure am glad I talked to you up in Claremount and you told me about the fuel line kit.

Scotty
I'm glad you had one left.

Thanks folks this is one mod that really works, I rank this one up high next to my 2 low kit 8) As John's famous words go
You know the saying; &quot;Grandpa Dubie: I have alot of
horespower but I don't use it!!&quot;

See Ya
Chris
Old 07-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=15#156372 date=1057289680]PS: I noticed that one of the stock banjo's was about a quarter inch shorter. All of the hi-flos were the same. I gather that is not an issue.
DD4X4
[/quote]

Joel,
I noticed when I put my &quot;Hi Flows&quot; on (mine were the Geno's bolts) the one that was in the VP was about 1/4 shorter than the others.
Since all the ones in my kit were the same size, I re-used my stock one in the VP.
I understand this was only on some of the 99's.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris:<br><br>I can't make it Saturday. We are going to be putting<br>in the &quot;pusher&quot; pump system in my 2002 that day.<br>But,....Johnner and I were planning on maybe<br>heading out to &quot;Coastal Plains&quot; on Thursday <br>evening for &quot;test and tune&quot; and if you want to<br>run &quot;heads-up&quot; on the dragstrip I will be happy<br>to do that with you!! Your &quot;hopped up&quot; 24 valve<br>against my &quot;old brokedown 12 valver&quot; that has<br>almost 208,000 mile on it!! I think that's fair<br>don't you??? Let me know Grandpa! ;D<br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 07-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Administrator

1st gear putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, 2nd gear,,,,, putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, 3rd gear putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, 4th gear putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, 5th gear putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, 6th gear putt,,,,, putt,,,,,,, putt,,,,,, putt,,,,,,,, bwaaaaa,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,, (yeah,,,,,, Grandpa Smurf is gonna need all six to get him past the 1/8th mile mark)
Old 07-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Dennis that last post of yours was AWESOME!!!! <br><br>Just to let you know,........Chris also sent me an e-mail<br>&quot;goating&quot; me a little bit about pulling my truck against<br>his next Saturday,......BUT,...as I said,.....I will be<br>busy putting that &quot;pusher&quot; pump system in my 02'<br>on that day! Maybe he will take me up on my offer<br>for Thursday at the dragstrip..........BUT,.......maybe <br>not! ;D <br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 07-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

Hey Rod. You think this setup might help my pressures? I know I have great pressure as it is but a little in reserve is not a bad thing. I've got the Holley Black kit from you.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:36 PM

Heck yeah let's run them. <br>I get lane choice and I guess I need to pull the 5er just to make it fair 8) ;D. What do you think??<br><br> You will need to take it easy on me, I need to be able to see through my new Bi-Focal glasses ;D ;D<br><br> I'll let you know when the next truck pull is and then you can come on out and play in the dirt. That's where the real HP hangs out at. 8) <br><br>John <br>I'll let some more folks I know about our &quot;SHOW DOWN&quot; I have a couple of friends that have a Ford and the other has a Chevy both of there trucks have engines that run on number 2 Diesel. I am not sure if they rate to be called diesel engines.<br>What the heck, is all in fun, the worse you could do is beat me to the end of the track. I think we both know who is going to win. 8) 8)<br><br>Dennis <br>Thanks for the help on this but I Don't think the race track will let me race with the 5er hooked up, so that means I will be useing 5 gears vice 6. <br><br>But then I could try what a fella was doing up in Munice and running 2nd, 4th and 6th.<br><br>See Ya<br>Chris<br>

Quick Reply: Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today