Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

Good evening folks
I installed the -8 fuel line kit in my truck today. I was very surprized with the difference. I added a new toy to my truck and as a result the fuel pressure would drop to 2 at WOT. Now at an idle I see 15 psi and at WOT it stays at 10 psi. 8) ;D
Those -8s really made a difference in my truck. I like them.
See Ya
Chris
Old 06-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:Installed WC -8 fuel line kit today

Hey Papa Smurf,<br> Seeing how you got so much &quot;FREE TIME&quot; on your hands and I stay so busy,,,,,,,,, why don't ya come on up and put mine on too! ;D : <br> Glad to hear that they made so much difference. And even though my &quot;Cute Little Truck&quot; ain't got any go-fast goodies,,,,, it is bound to make the new lift pump's job a whole lot easier.<br>Thanks Wildcat ;D ,,,,,, for coming up with something DC should have thought of.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=0#154807 date=1056938983]<br>Hey Papa Smurf,<br> Seeing how you got so much &quot;FREE TIME&quot; on your hands and I stay so busy,,,,,,,,, why don't ya come on up and put mine on too! ;D : <br> Glad to hear that they made so much difference. And even though my &quot;Cute Little Truck&quot; ain't got any go-fast goodies,,,,, it is bound to make the new lift pump's job a whole lot easier.<br>Thanks Wildcat ;D ,,,,,, for coming up with something DC should have thought of.<br>[/quote]<br><br>We know the truck is cute...the driver is a different story though. <br><br>
Old 06-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Administrator

[shadow=white, 2, 300]OUCH![/shadow] That might leave a mark,,,,,

I resemble that remark! : ,,,,,, not to mention,,,,,,, there are some other fellas out there, that are just as un-cute as I am,,,,,,,,,,,,, only they come in &quot;BIGGER&quot; packages! :P ;D
Old 06-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=0#154818 date=1056941649]<br>[shadow=white, 2, 300]OUCH![/shadow] That might leave a mark,,,,,<br><br>I resemble that remark! : ,,,,,, not to mention,,,,,,, there are some other fellas out there, that are just as un-cute as I am,,,,,,,,,,,,, only they come in &quot;BIGGER&quot; packages! :P ;D <br>[/quote]<br><br>[move]MUCH BIGGER.[/move]<br><br>
Old 06-29-2003, 10:05 PM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Great to hear your findings! I also tried to run bigger fuel lines but not to the extent of yours. I just made sure all lines were matching at 5/16&quot; from LP to VP. Then I used Rods high flow banjo's. With just an EZ I can buzz down the freeway at 80 mph and still be at 12 psi. I'd say the theory is correct. ;D
Old 06-29-2003, 10:16 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=KATOOM link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=0#154822 date=1056942321]<br>I'd say the theory is correct. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hallelujah! We've converted someone <br><br>Seriously though, its nice to see that the systems and theories are working out. We've been trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, for a year to convince folks that mounting a pump back by the tank and dual pump setups are needlessly complex and don't necessarily function any better than one little old pump up at the engine, where its protected from the elements.<br><br>Rod
Old 06-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Banned

I can cruise at a 100 with the Comp on 2x2 and still see 15 psi with the black.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:28 AM
DTR Advertiser

Chris, The lines work good dont they. I upgraded my PM3 to the competition version last week and I still can maitain 8 psi on setting 9. I was starting to worry because everyone was losing press up were we are in power with the stock lift pump. Glad to see someone has had the same results as I did. Tim
Old 06-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey SmurF, after you get done at Dennis' place, swing by Claremont and install my new hi-flo bango'es supplied by Scotty and change out the fuel filter while you're in there before I go to New York next week.

Thanks, there will be a little something in your check next week. : : : :

Oh, and I need a two lo kit too.

Work is facinating to me, I could watch people do it all day long. ;D ;D
Old 06-30-2003, 07:49 AM

Hey Rod are mine on the way yet? Im on holidays this week so this is coming to you from the lake. Would be nice to get home and have those lines sitting there ;D
Old 06-30-2003, 10:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=16513;start=0#154920 date=1056977343]<br>Hey Rod are mine on the way yet? Im on holidays this week so this is coming to you from the lake. Would be nice to get home and have those lines sitting there ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Just got another ten sets put together...Rod will be shipping these this week. Not sure how many are spoken for right now...I will put together another ten systems this week.<br>PM sheep boy and ask him.<br>I sent you a PM too.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris:<br><br>Glad to hear you got your new lines on! But what a<br>shame that is, more H.P. &quot;availability&quot; on your blue<br>truck which is NEVER going to be put to good use!! ;D<br><br>You know the saying; &quot;Grandpa Dubie: I have alot of<br>horespower but I don't use it!!&quot; BTW, what<br>did TST tell you about the H.P. numbers on your box?<br>My guess on your lower numbers is due the fact that<br>you have an ETH and not the ETC engine. With your<br>higher numbers I would be a little concerned about<br>your headgasket too. I have heard of a few of them <br>&quot;blowing&quot; on the 6-speed ETH's. Maybe it is time to<br>consider studs and O-rings for the head!<br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 07-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Re:Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

&quot;Grandpa Dubie: I have alot of horespower but I don't use it!!&quot; <br><br>Sorry Chris,,,,,, ,,,,, Grandpa Dubie,,,,,, <br><br>Here are some pictures that really show how less restrictive this kit makes the fuel lines. <br>Papa Smurf posted them in the other forum.<br><br>Click on picture for closer view<br><br>Stock fitting and hose on left, -8 fittings and hose on the right .<br><br><br>Click on picture for closer view<br><br>Stock on left, Ray's Banjo in middle, -8 is on the right <br><br> ;D Great pictures Chris I can't wait to get mine put on! ;D
Old 07-03-2003, 06:22 PM

Re:Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today

I want some, me, me, me, me, me.<br><br>What is the best time to call Sheep Boy? I wouldn't want to disturb him and his sheep. <br><br>DB

Quick Reply: Installed Wildcat -8 fuel line kit today