Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installed TAG today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed TAG today

I put my TAG in today. Noticed right off just going thru town idled smoother. Got on the freeway turbo spooled up quicker, & hit 36 lbs of boost. I could only get 34lbs of boost before the tag was in.
Someone told me once that every pound of boost equaled about 10hp. I've never dyno my truck but if that is correct I was at around 340hp before &360hp after. I find it a little difficult to beleave I picked up 20 ponies with such a simple mod.
Well I bought it to see what it will do while towing. If I am picking up that much more ponnies in real world I'm stoked. Weekend after this we are going over to the coast & we will see if it lowers the egt's anymore, keeps the Scotty II quieter, & helps on the hills & mileage.
I will report back on the 15th or 16th of March of my results.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:13 PM

What is a tag and what is it supposed to do?
dave
Old 03-05-2004, 11:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by farmer dave
What is a tag and what is it supposed to do?
dave
Click here
Old 03-06-2004, 03:27 PM

Re: Skeptical....

Originally posted by BoostnBenz2
"The TAG testing done on the 98.5-02 trucks using the small honeycomb and silencer ring installed backwards really did not yield any significant results performance wise, ie:hp and torque. Mostly what we saw from those trucks was a little smoother running and quieting of turbo noise. "
That's the description of one TAG type while it was under development, the finished product is much different.

I'm very happy with mine, does all it claims it does.
If it doesn't you can get 100% of your money back for 30 days.
Apparently only a couple folks have asked for a refund.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This darn site Now I have to spend some more money....
Old 03-06-2004, 04:30 PM

The TAG is total BS as far as I'm concerned. There is absoulutly no proof yet of it doing anything. I have some Ionizing magnets for you fuel lines too! Only $89.99 and I'll give you your money back within 30 days!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned

like I said b4 test same truck on the dyno with and w.o. and then i will belive it...........as far as i am concerned it is a plug and a drain in the sys till shown otherwise
Old 03-06-2004, 09:01 PM

I installed the TAG a couple of months ago and I am happy with the results. Some of you may think it's BS but I notice you haven't tried it. Most of those who buy have positive comments, I don't think they could all be wrong.

As for me, a 1.5 mpg increase and quicker response make it a bargain. How can you go wrong with a money back offer?
Old 03-07-2004, 03:32 AM

people buy crystals and pyramids as well and will swear up and down how much good they get out of them.... BS BS but go ahead and buy one if you are that much of a sheep
Old 03-07-2004, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by chevy43
people buy crystals and pyramids as well and will swear up and down how much good they get out of them.... BS BS but go ahead and buy one if you are that much of a sheep
Or be afraid to try something new just because of misguided personal opinion with zero firsthand experence.
You're the only one who loses.
TAG is based on sound well accepted theory and does work.
Good thing the Wright Bros didn't listen to you.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Yea, cool! The tranny wars being forbidden here, the oil wars having stopped- welcome to the TAG-wars
I must admit that I don't quite understand the working of the TAG, since it does IMHO reduce the area where the turbo can get its air. (As I saw the retainer and the hexagonal profile of the insert I think that the effectice area will just be the inside of the retainer ring- also since the turbo uses centrifugal force to "throw out the air" to compress I think that the swrl in the intake may be even beneficial.)
Anyway I'd like to see a comparison on a chassis dyno for the same truck and with the EGTs overlaid on the graphs. Especially EGTs for sustained pulls under max. torque, and emissions curves for both runs.

AlpineRAM
Old 03-07-2004, 12:23 PM

Well like I posted earlier I will report my findings when we get back from the coast next weekend. There are a couple of good pulls on the way over & may take another route home with even more hard pulls.
My curiosity got the best of me yesterday . I run down the road with tag in could hit 36# of boost. Came home, pulled tag out ran down the road couldn't get any more than 34# of boost. Put tag back in 36# of boost. You can look at my sig to see what mods I have, but thats my results so far. For the $ 115.00 I spent on it in a group purchase I'm not giving it back. I've wasted away more on beer in a weekend.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by tankeryanker
For the $ 115.00 I spent on it in a group purchase I'm not giving it back. I've wasted away more on beer in a weekend.
Man, I thought I drank alot!!

Quick Reply: Installed TAG today