Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installed Summit 4" this past weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Summit 4" this past weekend!

Oh boy! What a difference in sound! Sounds like a big rig towing my trailer. Easy to install also, instuctions werent the greatest, but once you get under there, its pretty straight forward. Only thing that doesnt come in the aluminized kit is a tip.

Next, gauges and an intake.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 AM

Sweet! Did you use a muffler? You should hear it with out it if you think it sounds like big rig. Hurry and get those gauges so you can start add some fuel!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by SuperDave4x4
Sweet! Did you use a muffler? You should hear it with out it if you think it sounds like big rig. Hurry and get those gauges so you can start add some fuel!

Yes, I did use the muffler, this neibhor hood would have me locked up if I had any more toys runnig open exhaust!

I'm gonna get gauges soon(racing season almost over), then I can find out why she seems to be missing at full throttle.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned

Uh oh,

Missing at full throttle? Could be just the lift pump, but could also be the VP$$. If the lift pump is gone and you are getting a stumble it is because the VP is not getting enough fuel to support demand. That's a bad thing when you consider that 70% of the fuel that enters the VP goes out the return line because it is simply used for cooling. The first gauge I would get would be a fuel pressure gauge and not at the end of racing season, like today!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:32 AM

hey how is the interior sound with that exhaust as far as resonating? I helped my buddy put the summit 4" on his 99 powerjoke and it actually made less noise in the cab but sounded GOOD outside, made more of a pwr difference than we thought it would too. There's a 1/2 mile steep hill that he has to go up to get to his house and pulling a big backhoe on a gooseneck he always had to climb it in 1st, now he can get into 2nd since the exhaust, we were both surprised.

Anyway, did you have to remove the trans oil cooler or not? I don't know if the 24v autos have the oil cooler in the same spot. I'm saving up for the exhaust, I think that summit system and a Scotty 2 w/hole are going to be my christmas presents to myself this year, I just recently got my turbo for my birthday

With the way that muffler goes in there it's entirely too easy to straight pipe it for a few days to see how it sounds!!