Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Input on Jammer Nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennRMK
How do nozzles compare to whole injectors?

Disadvantages and advantages?
Whole injectors easier and less hassle. Pull the old one and stuff the new ones. It may not take much work to change the nozzles, but for $100 it is worth it to me not to have the down time or hassle of picking up cores. All that and you "KNOW" (as much as you can trust the dealer) they are right.

Randy
Old 09-14-2005, 10:42 PM

I've got the stage 5 nozzles, and I leave everything cranked up while towing I just back off the go pedal to keep in check, and when I'm not towing well you see where I'm goin with this

lol
Old 09-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I got Don's 4s because I heard they had the lowest smoke and best mpg of anything in the 150hp class.

In my truck's present configuration, I'd not hesistate to tow anything within the truck's legal weight (barring the clutch issue), even with stock turbo and exhaust. This is because the truck will only fuel to 26psi, so It's like have an EZ and Mach 1s-- only with a LOT more bottom end grunt.

The only things that would keep me from towing with my M4s are my very weak stock clutch, and my dead pyro.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:44 PM

I've considered the nozzles too, but I think I'm going go with the stage 4 jammers(complete) not just the nozzles. I think city diesel the complete jammer stage 4s for less than 400 bucks and actually I think the stage 5 ares right at 400. I'm still a little sketchy on injectors though. I would go with the mach 4s, but I just cant afford them.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
I got Don's 4s because I heard they had the lowest smoke and best mpg of anything in the 150hp class.

In my truck's present configuration, I'd not hesistate to tow anything within the truck's legal weight (barring the clutch issue), even with stock turbo and exhaust. This is because the truck will only fuel to 26psi, so It's like have an EZ and Mach 1s-- only with a LOT more bottom end grunt.

The only things that would keep me from towing with my M4s are my very weak stock clutch, and my dead pyro.
I've seen a drop of 75 degrees Post Turbo going to the Jammmer 4 from stock (original) injectors. I also have seen between .5 to 1 MPG increase, but have only had on tank that I did not drain a gallon or more sorting out some starting issues. For the price difference I would not go with the MACHs. That said City is the only place I have found complete injectors for the lower price. All of the others are only $100 less. At that level I would spend the extra note.

Randy
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 PM

Whats the difference between stock injectors with the jammer nozzles installed(like I buy them from City Diesel) and Don's injectors? Are Dons stock injectors that are EDM machined? Or are they completely different castings or forgings?
Old 09-15-2005, 09:36 PM

Both start with blank nozzles and EDM the holes in both. If you buy nozzles Jammer nozzles you have to install (or have installed) them. For a about the same it would cost to have them pressure tested you can buy the whole injector preset. There is currently not a lot of info about the development of these around.

Don seems to have made a stand on R&D and the (possible/probable) improvements from that. I have not been able to find a side-by-side comparision of like rated injectors in the same vehicle.

The main thing is if the reported improvement is worth the known cost increase. Most places that sell the Jammers complete are only $100 less then F1. As I said earlier if that were the best price I would have spent the extra. It is not. And there is always the nozzle only option that keeps the price down. I do not have the money to spend that much more on the marginal difference I have seen in my truck compared to the reports of F1.

There are also DD (non-Jammers) that are honed. I personally would not consider them.

Randy

Feel free to correct me if I have mistaken.